Buyer Scam after using the code

You are correct here.

Also bear in mind, that every case is different from the others, so the investigation process might change to fit the new case.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding this here:

Perhaps storeseller discounts of some sort?
Or sellers only discount codes from time to time?

All pass it to the team so we can see what can be done.

Dispute I mentioned above is still opened, it’s escalated by buyer few hours ago. I’m not sure if activation time of Steam keys can be tracked. I already provided all of the evidence, not sure what buyer did meanwhile, he just wrote to me “it doesnt work like i try to activate it but it says Dupe Key?” and he post some heavily cropped picture of used code information that could be found everywhere. Will inform about outcome in this topic.

It takes a few days to solve. My advice is that if you provided evidence and know that your key is not used yet, then don’t worry about it and BE SURE TO BLOCK SE BUYER AFTER THE SALE IS COMPLETED. Otherwise he/she will probably come around and try to scam you again, as reported by Natblidas some weeks ago in a case of a “Skyforge Code buyer scammer”.

P.S.: IRONICALLY the same buyer has just started doing the same with me right now. He bought 2 codes and opened the dispute for one, because this way he will get 2 for the price of 1. Thankfully I read the forum and has seen that he’s a scammer.

Do not worry. This is not the first time, I always block afterwards. Not just my scammers, but everyone mentioned here on the forum. It looks like you should do that too :slight_smile:

Just an update. Dispute I mentioned above is closed after 10 days. I’m not sure if it is closed by buyer or Gameflip. I got my money.

BUT…

At exact same moment transaction is completed I got one neutral review. I provided all the proofs that the code was legit (and it was working code, revealed just before making a listing), so I think that rating is undeserved and I would like it to be removed.

This is order ID - 189ef9fd-6395-4838-ba1d-562446b5e987

My invite code is - EWZQJY

I would still like to know if dispute was closed by buyer or Gameflip, because there is nothing when I click on neutral ratings icon.

I have faced problems with 2 scammers so far and both times I got a neutral rating. Actually I don’t even see the use of existing neutral ratings now that the ratings are no longer obligatory, but it seems to be a type of automatic rating.

Yeah, it looks like it’s automatic. That must be changed, silly rule (still waiting for that rating to be removed).

Ratings seem to be as an indication of trustworthy of a seller / buyer.
Just as people are judged by their first interactions , so are buyers / sellers viewed by their ratings. While neutral rating seems automatic more like a Meh … It would give rise to more shift to the right rating than left
Meaning more red than green.
Like a scenario , seller and buyer had miscommunication but finally got their dues, however both would say I had a difficult time with the other , i want him to be given a red sticker.
There isn’t any wiggle room