De_Clutch - CONTROLLING AND MANIPULATING THE SKIN MARKET!

Hello guys…

Basically last month I listed a $100 karambit, within the hour it had sold… But went under review… It was under review for around 36 hours until eventually it got cancelled, at the time there where 2 other karambits exactly the same being sold by ‘de_clutch’…

1 hour ago I put a $120 flip knife doppler FN up for sale and it was sold within 30 minutes, Great! No. It’s under review again… There are a few of the same knives also on the market sold by 1 person… de_clutch! The buyer who purchased my skin has no other purchases/sales and his account was created in January 2017 which I’m guessing it was today…

The reason why I’m telling you this is because I know for a fact that de_clutch is doing this himself so that he is the only person with listings on the market of specific skins!!! It makes sense right? He is the only other seller with the same skin and some of his listings are CHEAPER than mine so why would mine be purchased before his and placed under review??

I know gameflip admins/mods won’t do anything about this because he alone probably brings 80% of profit to the site so basically they rely on him to pay there bills!!

I’m writing this because if there is any decent and fair mods/admins out there I hope they can investigate into this, look at his ip and accounts created… how can us smaller sellers actually sell and create a business of our own if this corruption is being taken place?!

I see where you’re coming from but when a product goes under review, Gameflip is checking if you credentials are real. De_Clutch only has the same listings because you’re listings are common items, especially when De_Clutch mass buys hundreds of skins. If you think he’s controlling market because he bought the same skins as you, you are incorrect. Maybe switch your payment method or send a support ticket if the problem with your purchases reoccur. I’m 3rd on the Featured Store program and competition is grand, but that’s normal. De_Clutch only sells faster than you because he is on the front page of the CS:GO section, you are not, therefore publicity will be slim for your items.

I’m sorry you feel this way and yes the Under Review can be frustrating sometimes because we are waiting on the Buyer to send us information to verify their payment.

However, I know for a fact that de_Clutch is not doing this or some conspiracy to “manipulate” the marketplace and other buyers. First off de_Clutch rarely buys other items as you can look at their ratings and see for yourself.

As J4KE points out, sold items going under review are quite normal and is done so to protect and prevent fraud/chargebacks from occurring.

1 Like

Explain this, if I have a knife up for $119.99 and he has 3 of the exact same knives up for $107 then why is mine bought straight away within 30minutes and his knives which are exactly the same had been up for 18 hours when my sold… The account that buys my skins is also made on the same day so does it not make you think how does it make sense?!

Explain this, if I have a knife up for $119.99 and he has 3 of the exact same knives up for $107 then why is mine bought straight away within 30minutes and his knives which are exactly the same had been up for 18 hours when my sold… The account that buys my skins is also made on the same day so does it not make you think how does it make sense?!!

There can be many different factors in the reason why the same item is sold over another. But this is most likely what happened in the scenario that you have stated. Since a lot of people just look at the latest listings vs searching for an item, you stated yourself that their listings have been up for 18 hours and you just listed your. If someone just came onto the marketplace and looked at the latest listings, they’ll see yours first and buy it up if it’s still a decent price.

Also, to your point on newly created accounts buying your item, going under review and then being canceled. That is another scenario in which the buying doesn’t care of the price because the payment method is probably stolen and was catch by our fraud measures.

Anything and everything I’ve attempted to sell on gameflip has sold within 24 hours but been placed under review for a further 36-48 hours and then finally cancelled and re-listed only to have the same process re-done, how can I sell an items or create a business like this?! This doesn’t happen on any other site and they take lower commision, seriously though… how can people even start a business or sell there skins on here if they have to wait 2 days just to get it re-listed and then it happens again…!

Normally when I have something under review I just contact support after 24hrs and they put it through if unless it was cancelled by the buyer which at that point there’s nothing you can do but just repost your item again, furthermore don’t think that every transaction that clutch has is flawless, every seller has their concerns and issues but so far, Gameflip has been 98% on point for a small operation that’s still growing. Best of luck and happy sales. I hope it works out better going forward. -DGVET seller on Gameflip.com