I’ve spent hours of searching and looking I have read over the tutorials gameflip and other places provide to create an api, I am not very code savvy and need some serious help. I have tried to make the best of how they try to help but I don’t understand if someone can help me from the start that’d be great I have my key and my secret as well as node.js installed and python.
Is this the first time you’re trying to create an API for Gameflip?
Yes it is my first timeb
I see that you have installed the applications, but please check that you have all of these:
Yeah i have all of those installed
What do i do after i have that im pretty sure i have the sample script changed to the way i want to format it but i dont know where to put it
is there anyway to send me a sample script to post 100 credits every 5 minutes to make it easier so i can edit it afterward, and to tell me where to insert it to run it. thanks again
Feel free to use the following links to find explanations and sample scripts to get your API up and running:
Sorry for not replying.
Follow the help given by @DarkKnight, if this does not explain it or your need further help, please contact me.
ok thanks i think i got everything down and inputted i put my key and secret in, and i’ve inputted the code i wanted how do i run it and what do i run it on?
can you help? im confused…
Please DM me about your problem.
I will retrace step 1-5 to make sure you have done everything correctly.
- Install Git, NodeJS v12.13.x LTS, and Python 2.7.14
- Go to Gameflip > Settings > Develop > Create API Key
- Use a notepad to keep all your info together. Copy and paste your secret API key and your API key into notepad for later use.
- In windows, search ‘node.js command prompt’ and open it.
- Paste into it ‘
cd gfapi np install’.
- In your notepad, paste this
- Place the appropriate key into each line.
- Copy and paste that into node.js command prompt.
- Once you have done that, paste this into node.js command prompt:
If you have done it right, there should be a listing uploaded on your profile! If you get stuck with any problems, please contact me.