Are You A Game Collector?

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. My name is John Aguilera and I’m pretty new to Gameflip. This app has been great. I’ve been finding quite a few games that I’ve been wanting to pick up in the past and have now found them at reasonable low prices. I’ve been collecting GameCube games for probably a year and a half so far and it’s not easy. I’m hoping to score some rare gems on Gameflip. Why Gamecube? I simply love the console. In my opinion I think the games are a lot harder to find and I think that adds more value to the collection. It’s not all about value either. I think it has the most fun games from that generation as well.

Have any thoughts on collecting? Do you have a game collection that you’re proud of and hope on growing using Gameflip?

2 Likes

I’ve been collecting home video games almost since their inception. I missed out on a few of the older more obscure systems but just to date myself I still have games dating back to my old TI-99/4A, Commodore 64, and the list goes on…

Still my favorite score at a thrift store was when a friend spotted an old Vectrex that was mistaken for an older model black and white television. $10 later (and much to the clerks surprise) we hauled it home, plugged it in, and it powered on. It worked perfectly and was the coolest random score we’ve made to date. I’m assuming he still has it tucked away somewhere under a piles of old Atari’s, Intellivisions, and Colecovisions…

1 Like

Great choice with the GameCube man! It is one of my all time favorite consoles. I myself don’t have a very large collection of the more retro games. I have quite a collection of consoles though that I am at least moderately proud of lol. Super Smash Bros Melee and Super Mario Sunshine on GC were some of my all time favorites.