How New Users can Create a New Topic on Forums

You will need the ‘Basic’ badge in order for new users to create a topic. Without the badge, you will not see the " + New Topic "
https://forum.gameflip.com/badges/1/basic - Badge Information
Just look through some topics and replies and you should be able to get the badge.

No ‘Basic’ badge Screen VVV

With ‘Basic’ badge Screen VVV

47 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. You can imagine how weird it is to come to a forum to ask for something… and there’s just no explanation given for why we can’t. Maybe put this into the FAQ as well :slightly_smiling_face:

30 Likes

Thank you very helping , i ve confused before

18 Likes

Yup, I can relate. I hope new users will be able to look at this topic to clear their doubts as I seem to see quite a few replies by new users on other topics asking about this. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

THanks a lot

16 Likes

Haha, I was confused at first also. I was looking everywhere to see how to put up a new topic but then I see there was not any until I found this post.

14 Likes

Thanks, that is really amazing that someone just said how to do it.

11 Likes

this information should be placed on the main page

13 Likes

This is really helpful, thanks.

10 Likes

Thank you, any idea how long it will take?

10 Likes

Can you maybe make this post the landing page for people without the badge? Like, show the “new post” button, but when they click it, take them to this post. I thought I was losing my ■■■■. I signed up a few minutes ago and I’m looking around everywhere going “how the f do I start a new topic?!”

11 Likes

Maybe around 25 minutes or so. Have to look through topics. Not sure if it takes longer or shorter now but will not be very long.

8 Likes

Hello @Jarmo88,

Currently, the topic is listed and pinned as Global, so as soon as you create an account and open the forum for the first time, you should be able to see this topic as the first one.

We also thank you for your feedback and will try to find better ways of showing this information overtime.

God Speed! :trident:

12 Likes

Thanks!!!

5 Likes

imma try to get it , ty

7 Likes

tryna get this

8 Likes