Is the PS Vita worth it?

Hey guys, recently I have been interested in getting a PlayStation vita but there is a lot of hate towards it. I own a PS3 and ps4 so my ps plus would carry over and I could get a bunch of free games. I’ve seen videos of reviews and such but it’s always the same “if you like indies, you’ll like this system.” I understand there’s no definitive answer but for anyone who still has a vita or owned one, do you think it’s still worth picking up?

1 Like

Depends on what you want out of it. So I ask you, what do you want out of it? other than games obviously, which by the way games run pretty nice on it’s OLED screen. Remember that the graphics quality WILL differ between a vita (decent) and the PS3/PS4 (even better) .

I ended up purchasing one off of ebay really cheap with some games and a memory card. I figured it would be good to have considering I have a PS4 already so I think I won’t end up regretting it.

You know in my opinion, I really have enjoyed owning my vita since its release. I had the original OLED and I now have the limited edition blue LCD slim model and I have enjoyed both. While the OLED has a way better screen, I have still enjoyed many games to this day and still enjoy and buy games when I see them. Most are discounted these days and it’s worth it to pick them up. I have a PS3 and PS4 and I can also use it to stream from PS4 to vita so I can play while my wife and kids watch TV. I own all the systems from XBOX One to PS4 to WII U to Nintendo 3DS and I enjoy them all. Vita has some exclusives to it like Uncharted which is a great game for vita. Also Lost Dimention is a great game too. Can’t go wrong with buying one so I say go for it and don’t look back

It has a few good games on it, but the last year or so, it’s only been getting Japanese games basically. I liked Mortal Kombat and Borderlands 2, but it doesn’t seem like Sony is interested in pushing the handheld anymore. I was hoping that I would see newer games like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Mortal Kombat X, and more FPS’ers with the dual joy sticks, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

You may also consider the nVidia Shield Portable.

It’s a little more powerful than the Vita, but about the size of a standard Xbox controller with a screen on it. What’s nice about it is that you can stream your Steam games to it from your PC or stream many PC games from GeForce Now for just $7.99/mo, which is similar to PlayStation Now game streaming (but a lot cheaper).

It also has Google Play marketplace with a few exclusive native Android games, like Portal and Half-Life 2.

Thirdly, nVidia also has a tablet called nVidia Shield Tablet K1. It has an updated processor over the Shield Portable (includes a K1 processor over the Portables Tegra 4). The tablet isn’t as portable, but it does support more exclusive, native Android games, like Doom 3 BFG, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Half-Life 2: Episode 1& 2, Resident Evil 5 and more. But, obviously not as portable as the Shield Portable or Vita. I like that the tablet has front facing speakers also.

Between the Vita or the Shield(s), I’d choose either the Shield Portable or tablet.

I agree with bobthegoat2001.

Not really. I would get a full fledged PS instead and play games at huge screen.

vita is dying as sony will focus on playstation. so sad for a portable gaming device. the games in the store are very limit and also they have stopped making updates for the vita. and the sad news is that the hardware is behind the time that cannot play some of the best games right now, and if you want ot force it, you need to download game on other sites like apknite or apkpure and install some thirdparty files to run the gmae. and yet the price is still expensive. i consider to get one and then sell it back when it becomes rare just like an ipod LOL.

This post is over 7 months old. Please before with replying with post this old.

Lucy :heart: