About SMS Issues

Hello @StoreKeysOnline,

Unfortunately, adding a number manually to an account is currently not possible, but that is why it would be good to verify what can be done with the Support Team ok.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We should have a fix soon to this issue.

God Speed! :trident:

I can’t tell, I think my account is already eastern, but when I shop, the phone wants a message, my phone doesn’t get a message, and it gives too many attemps errors

I can’t verify my phone number, so I can’t trade. Can you help me?

I tried making an account last week. Never got sent a code, too many attempts. Now it’s Thursday and I got emailed to wait an additional 1-2 days for the phone number to be okay. It’s already been past that. I tried using a different phone number. Phone number blocked. Is it really this difficult to make an account on this website? Please just remove the mandatory 2FA entirely.

Heya! Please try again, all should be normal now.

Heya! Please try again, all should be normal now in regards to 2FA. It won’t be removed as you requested though.

Hey, pleas etry again, if the “Too Many Attempts” issue persists, please file a ticket as we are investigating each of these cases.

Thanks!