CS2 Sales not completing

Hello. There was a recent update to CS2 impacting inventories on April 4th, 2024. “Purchased and traded Counter-Strike items will not be visible to other users who view your Steam Inventory for 10 days.”

As a result it seems like Gameflip buyers are unable to complete their CS2 bot item purchases. I have sales 2 weeks old still waiting for buyer acceptance from the system. Buyers have let me know they are unable to complete the transaction from their side also receiving an error.

This also impacts when you return items to your own Steam account from a Gameflip bot. They are unable to detect the items in the new account and are stuck pending. This prevents sellers from deleting the draft listings.

I was wondering if you were addressing this like some other skins sites have or if staff could manually review and complete these transactions. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

I have items for +3weeks still pending, this is the only site with that problem, it seems like they don’t know how to manage this or just don’t care

Hello everyone!

Could you please contact the support team using the link below with screenshots / screen recordings regarding the issue?

https://gameflip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Godspeed! :trident: