Nintendo account ban

Hello just wanted to share how my account was recent banned by Nintendo for buying a code off here I’m very disappointed but life goes on. Didn’t know where else to vent anyone else have this experience? How many games did you lose? I lost many triple aaa titles so much more

1 Like

Same happened to me. Seller was “Nintendoshop” who ironically is no longer found within the site. Quite suspicious! What do you plan to do?

I don’t think there is anything we can do I bought two or three games from that seller. Shame I’m going to have to rebuild my library

I’m going to plead my case to Nintendo tomorrow. We’re victims in all this, too!

I just got my switch last week. I only have Tetris and the two game I bought on Gameflip (Mario Maker 2 & Zelda: LA). I can’t play anything that requires online now /:

Well I wish you luck I talked to Nintendo yesterday but that was to set up a repair on my lite. Hopefully it goes well and you are able to get unbanned. I read some where you can request a refund from Gameflip but I’m not sure

You better contact nintendo and ask for help, show them proofs where you purchased that game and that you payed your own money for it. If they will not lift your bans then nintendo sucks.

@MajorTom @DarkKnight I think it is time to make sue because this will never stop, if you do this , there will be seller’s that for the fear will not do this in your platform, the seller nintendoeshop is a verified member which you have all his personal information with that I think you are good to sue

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. It all worked till this morning when I was trying to log in on My Nintendo to check something. I found it odd, but didn’t think too much of it yet because I had to head to work. At work I checked the forum and I came across several of these topics and all of course describing and even mentioning the seller that I had also bought from, Nintendoshop. Then it all started to make sense. As soon as I got back home I turned on my switch and tried everything and indeed my account was suspended and it is because of BOTW that I purchased from this seller. Also got Astral Chain but according to Nintendo that one didn’t receive a chargeback (yet!). Which I can confirm because of it is still working. Anyway I immediately called the customer service, then soon after it got escalated to a supervisor. He sent me an email which I have to respond with all the information about the purchase and it will take 3 business days to process. They did say that if my account get unsuspended it will be a perma ban if it would happen again. I learned my lesson, and despite having plenty of good experiences on Gameflip, I’m too scared now to risk the account with game codes anymore.

Same experience here too. I also bought a game from seller “Nintendoeshop” a few days ago and now my account is banned. I was inform by a Nintendo rep that the ban was triggered when a refund/chargeback was requested by the person that originally bought the code. In this case, seller “Nintendoeshop” or whomever he got the code from triggered a chargeback on their end which resulted in a ban on my account. My nine year old son is upset at me to no end now because he can’t play smash bro online.

Never buy nintendo game codes from unknown people and use only official sellers like Amazon or similar. Nintendo is famous for their rigorous conduct of rules. Instead buy eShop codes to top up your wallet. You can get 50$ for 35$ with discount codes and buy game directly from nintendo shop.

1 Like

50 for 35 is impossible maybe 42 or 45

Any updates?

Same situation with me. Bought from Nintendoshop and after downloading, found my account suspended. I called Nintendo last Sunday right after I first learned of the suspension. At first, they said there were unable to determine why my account had been suspended.

I got sent up to a second tier support person who looked into it further. They said there was a chargeback on my purchase of the game. I explained to them that I was not the one to initiate the chargeback and that I had bought the game through third party.

They said it would need to be investigated further, so I provided my call back number and they said they’d get back to me. It’s been just shy of a week now without any word back, so I’ll be contacting them tomorrow to see if I can get an update.

Okay whatever. You can get 50$ eShop card for 40$. You still want to cheap out for 5$ and risk your accaunt?!

I really think if anyone here knew they were risking their accounts I doubt they would’ve purchased. Everyone uses Gameflip for the good deals on game items so don’t blame or shame others for trusting Gameflip to provide legit sellers. It’s no ones fault here except the seller…

I was wondering if anyone had any updates on if Nintendo reinstated their accounts? It’s been a week now for me and I’m still banned.

Thanks!

My update: After the 3 work days I had not heard anything from them so I mailed them for an update. Then today I received the following message:

Thank you for the information you provided. Regarding the trouble you are having with accessing your Nintendo Account, I wanted to let you know that we are working as quickly as possible to research it. Once we have more information, we will send you another email to let you know. Please note that this may take up to a couple weeks. Your continued patience is appreciated.

Hopefully it won’t take weeks cause this really sucks since one week has already past and would have wanted everything resolved before the holidays.

I’m 2 weeks in, myself and they’re still telling me to keep waiting as well while they investigate. I provided them what info I could, namely the product listing and my order confirmation. They replied it could be more than another week before they’ve reached a decision though.

From what i’ve been reading, I assume that Nintendo only bans accounts that activate games bought in a fraudulent way (chargeback after payment, reported stolen etc…)?

I never heard of such problems when it comes to eShop gift cards. Are the bans just for games or did they update their policy recently and now it also applies for gift cards?

Asking just to understand what’s going on. I think it’s very harsh and unfair to issue bans in this manner.

I submitted my petition to get my account reinstated with Nintendo back on 12/13…so far I got a follow up email on 12/17 that reads:

Thank you for the additional information. Regarding the trouble you are having with accessing your Nintendo Account, I wanted to let you know that we are working as quickly as possible to research it. Once we have more information, we will send you another email to let you know. Please note that this may take up to a week. Your patience is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.