Nintendo account ban

Oh wow, that was fast. Didn’t expect that. So 45 minutes after I replied to their e-mail, I already got a reply from them.

Hello,

Regarding your recent request, I’m pleased to report we approved the release of the ban on your account. You may access online features immediately and will be able to resume eShop transactions within 2 business days. The digital content tied to the unauthorized transactions has been deleted.

Please keep in mind that any new unauthorized transactions reported on this account will result in a permanent ban.

We consider this matter resolved and have closed the incident. If you have any additional questions, please contact us via our online webform:

All in and all, it took about 5 weeks, which is quite outrageous, but I’m glad that my account will be unsuspended.

Hopefully you all get the positive news soon too. Keep us posted.

1 Like

Today they requested a screenshot of the cancelled transactions from Gameflip. I wish they would’ve asked for that initially. To be honest, I think they purposely don’t even act on this stuff until at least three weeks.

Now, I’m wondering if my Nintendo Online account was charged after the free 7 day trail…you know during that whole time I was banned :roll_eyes:

To be honest, dont push it. Forget about it

I got my account unbanned a few days ago. The only reason I knew was because I got a generic email that didn’t say anything about me being unbanned. I was able to partake in the New Year’s sale, so I was happy about that. However… This ordeal has definitely made me hesitant to buy anything Nintendo related at all from Gameflip. Even with sellers that I have never had problems with, I’m not sure I want to risk buying anything because of how many games I have bought on the Eshop. Anything could happen, and I don’t want to be permanently banned. A shame too, as I was able to get some games at good prices before.

I got unbanned 2 days ago after about a month and 2? weeks and I’m with you. I’ve bought a few Switch codes, including first party games on here before with no issue but now I think I need to stay away. Such a shame :frowning:

I guess if we really wanted to circumvent that and not want to be banned we could make another Nintendo account to redeem a code but even that might be risky…

1 Like

I know right? I even mailed them and included this part in my reply back:

"Hereby I’m sending you the screenshot made on my laptop + photo proof of my screen of this page . I just wish this information would have been told earlier. "

Ah that’s great to hear that you also got banned. To be honest I expect that all of us who were affected by this will be unbanned as long as you contact them + provide them with the information they want.

Yeah it’s the same for me. With Nintendo’s strict policy of one more strike and you’re out forever. Because I went completely digital and have purchased quite a bit by now, I just don’t want to risk it all…

There are less than a handful really reliable sellers from who I might still buy from, but it sure made me hesitant so I will have to think about that. I’ve also been trying to find out if any of the nintendo eshop card codes would be able to get charged back by the seller or any other parties. If not, then I’d probably stick to getting good eShop card deals from here and combine it with eShop sales.

Hey, I thought I’d let you all know Nintendo has lifted my ban and I’m sure if it happens again, the ban will be permanent.

For the record, Gameflip refunded me on my two digital codes with absolute ease, but here’s my takeaway: don’t buy digital codes on anything other than the eShop. Use Gameflip for physical copies.

Peace.

I got unbanned and all three games were removed. I did see that my Nintendo online subscription was extended by a month.

1 Like

So apparantly, Nintendo did not ban everybody back in December because they just ban my account, 5 months after! Same reason as all of you, buying from that NintendoShop account… hope I get it back

Fun! Hope you get your account back soon.

Funny, I also got banned recently (like 3 days ago) from buying from that same seller. Contacted Nintendo and they basically said get a refund from Gameflip and they’ll be able to lift my ban. Hopefully gameflip cooperate soon

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

How’s everyone’s wait time?

I got caught up in a fraud with a seller named Panda, which has already been removed.
Panda has fraudulently sold over 150+ digital game key codes.

Purchased Luigi’s Mansion 3 (2 copies - one for me and one for someone else).

I received the suspension on my Nintendo account, in the afternoon, while I was playing Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Have yet to hear from Gameflip staff to reverse the transactions, so that Nintendo can lift the ban.

I am also furious that Nintendo only protects themselves in this situation.
Not only are they deleting my digital copy of Luigi’s Mansion 3, but they also banned me until this is resolved.

It’s so unfair that as a victim from a fraud that I get banned for someone else’s fraudulent actions; where the Gameflip seller was using somebody else’s credit card and Nintendo info, and yet the cardholder only realizes the unauthorized c.c. transactions 22+ days later.

I think after this, no more buying from Gameflip ever again.

There is even a thread regarding this fraud seller and Gameflip staff has already refunded several buyers. Shouldn’t they automatically refund every buyer affected, at this point?

I’m so mad.

Just got banned 2 days ago. Seller was: M1LO-Store✅
Such a bummer that we aren’t protected in this case. Gameflip should be the ones calling Nintendo on our behalf. As for Nintendo, just delete the darn game from my account and be on with it. Why ban my account? Just delete the game! So beyond frustrated. I submitted my ticket 2 days ago and have yet to hear from Gameflip to reverse the transaction. Thanks, but no thanks on buying from Gameflip ever again. It really is too bad this couldn’t have ACTUALLY worked out.

I got banned the second time from 2 different seller due to chargebacks. The first time my account was lifted about 8 days. Now I’m still on the second time and I hope it is not a perm ban (already been 7 days).

All these purchases was 5 months back and I told Nintendo I’m a victim too.

If you go to here :

https://gameflip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Then, check in the bottom right corner of the page for the chat icon. Click there to start the chat.

If you don’t see it, then try again later or right around 9am PST …

I spoke with the agent immediately.

This way will bypass the ticket submission and you can speak directly to someone to help you.

Some useful information to those ended up in this situation below

1. You won’ t be refunded for your subscription or anything like that
  2. They tell everybody that second time it happens you’ll receive a perma-ban
  3. If you just were banned prepare the following:
  • All screenshot should be taken from a desktop
  • Screenshot of purchase with seller name, your name ideally and the product (code)
  • After the call (so they won’t think you’re a scammer) screenshot of either a refund from gameflip or a dispute with the bank (gameflip is pretty easy to communicate with)
  • Patience - it will take time

So they lifted my ban after 7 business days. Which is good
BUT
I tried to leave a feedback on the process (that suspending is not a good solution, download code/ seller validation shouldn’t be on users) and the employee was basically arguing with me. I ended up saying that this wouldn’t have happened if there was a feature to gift a game through the eShop (that’s what my friend initially wanted to do). She told me that she will write that feedback down (I doubt it).

Still will love Nintendo for the games and console
but that is some crappy process.

I had a Nintendo call me after I had submitted documents. They called to ask for additional documents today after sending them information a week ago. Sent them the documents and called them back just now and there was a 30 minute wait time.