Please remove sold items, they seem like a filler

Please please please when browsing, items that are sold, be gone! Last thing I want to see is myself looking for a ps4 and seeing 3 that sold from 120 to 140$. It just takes up room and honestly seems like a cheap way to fill the post and make it seem like there is more than there really is. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Br0nxxx2, thanks for the suggestion.
One way to get rid of the sold items is by using our search feature. There, you can filter these listings out. Give it a try!

1 Like

Absolutly agree. I shouldnt have to custom search to not see sold items. If the item is sold, remove it.

Browsing preference just came out on the latest Android (iOS soon I presume). You can set it display only “Available” listings.

2 Likes

Yeah you can filter out but why even show it? To see average prices of things? I don’t see any other logical reason

I think this is good so you can see things that have been sold already, and judge your own listing’s price based off that. Gameflip has a really nice feature where you can “search for similar listings” when posting a listing, and there you can see similar listings which have sold, and the prices that they sold for, so you can choose a good price for your listing. Personally, I like the feature, but even if you don’t, it’s only two clicks extra to disable it.

2 Likes

I like being able to see sold items. As a buyer, It tells me if others have sold for less than current listings. As a seller, it helps me set my prices.

I do understand that some don’t want to see it as the default search listing. Not everyone will want to see sold listings, so I would recommend that each user be able to custom configure their default search perimeters.

That is not the same thing as using the filter each time. By setting your custom defaults, you wouldn’t have to adjust the filter each time you come to the site.

This idea is actually part of a broader suggestion I have planned for another thread.

1 Like

You can use the “Follow Search”, which you can customize your search and receive alerts (push notifications if you have mobile app) when new search result matching your criteria appears.

1 Like