Questionnaire: Payment Declined

Hey everyone!

We are investigating a situation, in which users from the Gameflip marketplace have their payments declined when trying to purchase with specific payment methods.

Can you please provide us further detail on which payment information you are inputting for this to happen and/or details that will help us analyze this specific case?

Also, which type of payment method are you using?
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Prepaid card

If you were able to make a way around this situation, do you notice any pattern on your declined charges?

Thanks in advance!

God Speed! :trident:

2 Likes

Hi, yes I have. My debit visa which I had already verified the ownership for all the sudden starts being declined while there’s enough balance to cover the transaction. So basically I was trying to buy wallet points using one of my validated cards. But due to the declines… i ended up trying it a few more times (but still to no avail). I took a break and tried it again in a few hours…still declined - but worse. As this time it made my account locked from “too many declines” Please help me reactivate my account. I’d be super grateful.
Thanks! Invite Code : PL2Y8X

Hello @thezybras,

Thanks for sharing your case with us.

Have you opened a ticket with this information as well?

God Speed! :trident:

Hello thank you for posting this. I’ve come across this. Currently, I have already opened a ticket but support want me to send them a letter from my bank stating that my credit card isn’t lost or stolen.

My transaction only failed once. The issue was a card that expired. BUT the new card had the last same 4 digits. I don’t even use multiple cards. I used PayPal and that card.

Im a bit sad. I have no idea how to approach my credit card company and ask them to write me that letter so I can send it to a gaming marketplace called Gameflip.

I loved Gameflip both as a seller and buyer. Big supporter of the FLP token since it’s release.

Why can’t I prove my identity, the security of my credit card, use a payment method that works best with Gameflip. Please help :frowning:

Hello @Pleasehelpme12345,

Sorry to hear about this.

In this case, if you are not able to provide a letter, try to get a confirmation from you bank showing what happened so the Support Team could verify and release your account.

Keep in mind that these are security measures taken to ensure the safety of our users and avoid fraud.

If you have any doubts or need help on what to request if the confirmation is not possible, feel free to send a message in the ticket as I’m sure the Support Team will be able to help you out ok.

Godspeed! :trident:

Hello, I’ve been dealing with the payment declining when I try and purchase game flip items, My debit visa has never been declined before and I’m just overall confused why it’s declining. I have enough balance to cover the transaction. My account has been locked for trying to use it again and again and my credit card will still be declined. I’d like to know how to make a ticket. And I would love to someone to unlock my account. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello @allissam190412!

Sorry for the wait.

Could you please provide me your invite code so I can take a look into your account?

Recently been dealing with this issue as well. Catd was perfectly fine a few weeks ago. Now gameflip wont let me use my card to purchase anything. Can anyone help?

Hello @Fallout_Doc!

Could you please inform me your profile code so I can take a look?

Also, have you opened a ticket for this? If so, could you please inform me the number?

I’ve been trying to place an order; it’s my first time using gameflip. Everytime I try to place an order, it says “payment declined.” I know I have money on the debit card. Anything that could fix this issue would be much appreciated :+1:

Hello @WarriorJZ05!

Could you please inform me the profile code so I can take a look into your account?

Sorry for the inconvenience. I’ve figured out what the problem is. Thank you for trying to help! :+1:

@DarkKnight

I have been having this problem of my credit card (and Google Pay) suddenly being declined for no reason for several weeks now, for the first time since signing up for Gameflip. I tried contacting the helpdesk with the issue, but they dismissed the problem as a data entry error for my billing address.

I informed them that this was NOT the’case - I haven’t changed any info on my credit card or on gameflip and the payment method just stopped working. I also humoured them and checked, and the two addresses are IDENTICAL, down to the punctuation marks and spaces.

I am completely unable to add funds or make purchases. If this can’t be resolved then I guess I’ll close my account and abandon Gameflip since it is unusable for me now.

Hopefully you can help.

Hello @jtaylorb!

I’m sorry to hear about your issue.

Could you please inform me your invite code so I can take a look at your account?

I managed to solve the problem - I had to delete ALL my information (payment, addresses, etc) off of my account and re-add everything.

My hypothesis, based on what happened as I re-added my payment info and addresses, is that there is an address I had to enter for my credit card when I added it that, once submitted, doesn’t show up anywhere else that is user editable. Because after entering my billing address when I added the credit card, I still didn’t have an address listed on my account. I then had to fill in a separate address field on my account to get my billing address to show up on the fields I can see.

When the helpdesk said there was an issue with my address and I replied that I checked and my address is correct, this would make sense. If there is an address recorded where the user can’t see it and/or modify it (say, associated with the card, only modified when a card is added) then this would explain their reasoning and also why I couldn’t fix it.

Maybe I’m wrong. But after weeks of this not working and getting nowhere, deleting and re-adding the same credit card with the same billing address on the account magically and instantly fixed the issue.

If you still want to look at the account, the invite code is B1E3MF. But again, I’ve fixed the issue myself, so no need to change anything.

1 Like

Thanks for the update on your case @jtaylorb!

I’m glad that you were able to solve the issue and thanks for sharing how the issue was fixed.

@DarkKnight

Hi, I have been experiencing payment declined for the past two weeks whenever I am trying to purchase an item on gameflip. It has never been declined before and my debit card is verified. I need help and I am quite confused why this error is showing up whenever I am trying to complete a purchase. Hopefully you can help.
Invite Code: U8ZWV7

Hello @Error!

Sorry for the wait.

Are you still having this issue?

In case the issue persists, I suggest you to contact your bank to verify if they have a reason for the cancellation or you can feel free to try another card and see if you are able to purchase without problems.