Help needed with CD Key being revoked after purchase and confirmation.

So about a month ago I bought a CD key for Elden Ring on Gameflip for $55.70 since I had credits from items I have sold. Just recently I had a message from Steam Support saying that my CD key for the game has been revoked and is now removed from my account. I will have to purchase this game again if I would like to play it again.

According to Steam Support FAQ:

• What happens to my account when a CD Key is revoked?
    Your account will not be restricted; however, the CD Key you received will be removed. If you would like to play the game again in the future, you will need to purchase it from the Steam Store, activate another CD Key, or receive a gift copy of the title.
  • I bought this game from a third party. Will I get a refund?
    If you or someone you know purchased this CD Key through a third-party website, we suggest contacting the seller to request a refund. We have no way to issue refunds for purchases made outside of Steam."

With the transaction confirmed and no response from the seller about this problem, how and where should I contact Gameflip about this problem?

if the seller charged back the purchase from steam then it is a steam problem. take screenshots of your purchase of the key and send them to steam to prove the key was bought legit.
your purchase is listed on gameflip so you still have the sellers name. you can report them as a chargeback scammer through support who will contact them and ask them to explain.

Thanks, I contacted Gameflip Support a week ago and they were able to refund me the funds I used on the CD key. The support team does take a while to get back from, but they do know how to solve things quickly.
The seller was unfortunately suspended though. It might have been on me from buying from someone that had only 2 positive feedback.

Its never on you for buying from someone who has few reviews. If they got suspended its because they want to be ones who try to scam money. Don’t blame yourself for that.

Hello @KarmaKaji!

I’m glad your issue got resolved.

Hope you have a great day!

Godspeed! :trident:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.