New listing limit?

Well… maybe we should ask the Mods and seek their advice first.

@MajorTom
@DarkKnight

Tom??

Well, it’s the next day and no change nor any official response. This isn’t looking good… I can’t even modify prices of listings that are up (because I’m exceeding the new limit at the moment), hate to think of the lost revenue right now.

3 Likes

I’ve had 11 sales in the past 24 hours. Most of the items I sold are items I would now be relisting to sell again… but oh wait, I can’t do that now. I may have to significantly reduce my product range, which will result in less sales for me and less income for Gameflip.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

We are working hard to get the article up on the new listing system.

As soon as we release the article, the link will be posted here for everyone to verify.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

3 Likes

That makes it sound as though it won’t be changing? Is the 300 limit here to stay?

Hey ekul!

Unfortunately, I’m not able to give out spoilers right now.

As soon as the article is up, I promise I will post here ASAP.

God Speed! :trident:

As a rocketleague seller with an average of 1500 items listed without any spamming…that hurts a lot.I see your shop a lot around and I know you arent spamming but just have a lot of different items.

Since the new updated my sales dropped insanly and I dropped to 1000 items without being able to repost any new ones…ouch

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding this new system. We are hearing you and we will increase the listing limit cap to a higher number soon. This increase will affect top sellers. The more you sell the higher your listing limit will be.

As @DarkKnight said, we are preparing an article and we will share more information soon as well.

Please, keep sending your suggestions as we will keep assessing this situation.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Some people have told me their listing limit is only 20.

Personally, i find this incredibly low.

There must be a way to evenly satisfy every seller. And i hope you guys figure this out, because this deeply affects our livelihood.

@DunnBiscuit
@DarkKnight

1 Like

Hey everyone!

The article regarding the new listing system is available :wink:

Please keep in mind that this feature is mainly for improving the quality of listings available on Gameflip marketplace.

Also, the listing limit has been increased for top sellers.

God Speed :trident:

3 Likes

i am rl trader.i never used bot .
I usually sell $ 100 items every day.
bot users do nothing but spam.
I found this decision of gameflip very correct
there are many exaggerators
they just want to show their stuff on the page.
I want it to remain on the 300 article limit

With all due respect yakup_Akkus, I feel you’re mistakenly making the same generalisation Gameflip made when they introduced the 300 limit. If you check out my page you’ll see that it’s possible to have 500+ items without being a ‘bot’ or a spammer. I leave my listings up for 1-year which is why I have so many active listings.

Pleased to see that the limit for myself is now 5000! Thanks so much for changing it. I would still like to see spammers be addressed though, e.g. Lenny Pane in the Rocket League xbox section. A time limit between listings, or a limit per day is definitely still something you should look in to in my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks. The limits are satisfactory :smile: :heart:

1 Like

Well since some people are re-listing no stop 100 times an hour , i think this is not really a good system to stop that , you only blocking sellers from posting theirs complete inventory which is bad, rocket league sellers can have a inventory with over 5000 different items and more.
if you think this system will reduce or stop spammers, then you are wrong, because they can simply relist. as ekul said a time limit between listnings or listnings limit per day would be a better system def.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s much better now (EDIT: at least for 2000+ sellers), you scared us for a bit.

But as most of us mentioned here, daily limit needs to be next step.

Cheers.

So sellers with high reputation will keep spamming a lot like before.Most spammers have high reputation already.Great solution indeed. Why don’t you just set a daily limit like 200 listings?At the moment spammers can simply delete their listings and spam them again. Total limit is useless.I would be surprised if gameflip actually came out with a useful solution though.

2 Likes

Gameflip has maybe 30% of the amount of instant delivery items for sale that the big competitors have. You can see how big this problem is by the amount of reselling from other websites that goes on Gameflip. There are even several sellers that have their stores and only set items from the competitors and resell those here (making the price here more expensive than from where they’re buying from).
Now you want to limit the sellers total numbers and on the meanwhile give small/medium sellers a lot of extra work (having to add and maintain a lot of items on the draft category)? And what for?
Spammers won’t stop spamming due to this change, because there is no reason behind it that would force them to. Just go the Rocket League section and you’ll see that.

What about the people that have multiple accounts? It will just work as an incentive for users to create more multiple accounts to put their items, don’t you think? Or is the limit going to be per IP(highly doubt that)? It seems that Gameflip just created extra steps for everything to stay the same, except for the (unnecessary) extra work for the sellers.

Pretty disappointing.

2 Likes

This is definitely not a good update. As a seller of base builds and someone who carries people through many different difficult points within the game of fornite save the world. Had over 30-40 different gigs within the game, can only sell 3 now. Very harsh and will not be able to earn as much because people won’t be able to know what different things I’ll do and how much. It’ll have to rely on hoping they think to ask you of something. And the ratings thing, I’ve worked over 15+ hours to earn a single positive rating. This has really shortened me on my limits of what I can do or sell, hopefully gameflip can rethink some of these limitations.

2 Likes

based off the article… it is based off the number of items you have sold…

Number of Sales Item Listing Limit Gig Listing Limit
0 - 9 15 1
10 - 50 50 2
50 - 99 100 2
100 - 499 200 3
500 - 999 500 5
1000 - 1999 2500 10
2000+ 5000 10

Please note: The limit only applies to listings that are On Sale or Expired. You can have as many listings in Draft as you wish.

Not happy with this change… newbies users never will grow up sales… never will be able to list more items. I’m a Rocket League Steam seller/buyer, and with this decision make to to look for other ways to do that.

2 Likes