New listing limit?

It seems GameFlip have now introduced a listing limit of 300! This is ridiculously low; I currently have 950 1-year Rocket League listings. Even after removing my crate and key listings (as I had many at differing quantities) I have over 500 item listings. I am not one of those people using bots to spam/repeat their listings every 30 seconds… I’m actually a genuine seller who doesn’t spam for sales, yet I’m being affected by your chosen method of dealing with the aforementioned spammers.

I’ve long been proud to promote Gameflip as my main platform for sales under my brand ekul, but I’m going to have to seek alternative arrangements if this doesn’t change asap! So please consider another approach, or give people like myself a higher listing limit (and limit for those who actually spam, or implement a time limit between listing items instead), because I now have to halt my sales for the simple fact that I cannot list anything new until 250 of my listings sell.

My profile: [link removed]

5 Likes

Great to see a well-known Rocket League spammer, LennyPane, is still getting key listings up every 20 seconds right now. This just proves that the new limits are affecting the wrong people.

(I’m unable to provide a link to his profile).

3 Likes

Oh, guys, please! I have some two years old still selling listings here and now I can’t post new ones. This is bad.

I need to delete 500 of my unique listings in order to be able to post new ones. I repeat - UNIQUE. I sell games only and my rule is not to have same game as an active listing twice - meaning every of my listings is unique item. I repeat again - eight hundred different games. Are you sure you want to limit me and your platform this way? If I have bunch of, let’s say Rocket League game keys, there is only one listing available at the time. If I sell it, I post a next one on sale. Not before!

Daily limit is something that you want to do, not total listings. Please, do something different and remove total listing number limitation.

EDIT: I was thinking to start deactivating my listings now (from oldest one) so I can post something new, but it would take too much time to remove all of them. But you should think again - are you sure you want me to remove 500 items from your platform, while many of them are only available here, not on any other marketplace?

3 Likes

No, this is terrible news and mistake by Gameflip.

But hourly listings limit you mentioned would be great, yeah.

4 Likes

yeah i was wrong , i thought it was a daily limit . they need to change it to daily limit

3 Likes

I’d say a delay from the time of putting up a listing until when you can put another listing up would be better. For example, you can put a listing up but then you have to wait 5 minutes until you can put another one up. It’ll still be annoying for people like myself as at the end of every day I tend to put up 5-10 new items in succession, but at least it’ll stop the non-stop-spammers.

Not sure. I post 20 in 20 minutes and then nothing in next few days.

I guess 30, or 50 items per day is good. Or something like 30 games per day, or 50 in-game items per day.

But I’m glad we agree this is bad. With this move they limited people with actually many items, not the ones that only try to appear to have many items. I hope they’ll admit their mistake ASAP, before I go to less preferable marketplace to post new games I have.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think 300 listings daily is a good idea, however having a total limit of 300 listings is abit harsh as people have more then 300 items to sell.

3 Likes

Fair point, I was just thinking they could still spam listings but do it at a certain time rather than all day. I suppose if it’s 100 a day though it’d be fine, if they wanna continue spamming every 20 seconds they’ll be done after just 20 minutes!

2 Likes

Im w/ this guy, big sellers on gf cant have 300 active listings only, mostly of us have more than 300 items… That would be extremly tedious for us to be deleting and relisting every time a day…

4 Likes

So what would be ideal solution? I would say “triple spam protection”. First protection is to limit every user to 100 new listings per day. Second protection is to limit user to 100 deactivations of listings per day. Third protection needs to be - 300 of total listings per user, but, if you 500+ rating user you can have 500 listings, if you are 1000+ rating user, then your limit is 1000 total listings and so on…

But Gameflip stuff came up with solution without consulting you, me, nor any of us.

4 Likes

Maybe they could categorize the amount of listings we post?

For example,

Category: Cars - 200 listings limit
Category: Crates - 150 listings limit
Category: Keys - 300 listings limit

1 Like

Yes, something like that, but with higher values if you’re talking about total active listings. I’m into key selling for two years and it’s too easy to have 1000 different games in stock. Why wouldn’t they want me to have all of them on sale here?

1 Like

This could just be a test on behalf of Gameflip, they probably have more ideas they’re debating on.

idk, we’ll just have to wait for the outcome

I find gameflip’s current situation awful. It’s full of spammers and they hadn’t done anything until now. Also what they recently did is not good at all.Daily limit for sellers would be quite fair or hourly listing limits.

1 Like

This low listing limit is terrible! This is seriously the last straw!
If they don’t change this by the end of the month I’ll move all my sellings to the king%$ platform. It’s way easier and faster to sell there plus they give several discount coupons.
Enough is enough

I need more then 300 listing items limit. why we have to suffer through spammers? It is pretty unfair!!!

4 Likes

This wouldn’t work, though. The spammers would just post on different cartegories (I’ve already seen them doing this to call attention). The solution was pretty easy: limit the daily adding of items per day.
It will not harm anyone to have to wait 24h for more listings if the total limit is reasonable.
Listing the total limit to only 300 is ridiculous. I’m a medium seller and even I have more than 300 listings (430 in total).

1 Like

And by doing those changes before talking to the sellers Gameflip shot its own foot.

1 Like

I’m not in position to find a solution, if anything i completely agree with your statement.

1 Like