Nintendo account ban

I got banned the second time from 2 different seller due to chargebacks. The first time my account was lifted about 8 days. Now I’m still on the second time and I hope it is not a perm ban (already been 7 days).

All these purchases was 5 months back and I told Nintendo I’m a victim too.

If you go to here :

https://gameflip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Then, check in the bottom right corner of the page for the chat icon. Click there to start the chat.

If you don’t see it, then try again later or right around 9am PST …

I spoke with the agent immediately.

This way will bypass the ticket submission and you can speak directly to someone to help you.

Some useful information to those ended up in this situation below

1. You won’ t be refunded for your subscription or anything like that
  2. They tell everybody that second time it happens you’ll receive a perma-ban
  3. If you just were banned prepare the following:
  • All screenshot should be taken from a desktop
  • Screenshot of purchase with seller name, your name ideally and the product (code)
  • After the call (so they won’t think you’re a scammer) screenshot of either a refund from gameflip or a dispute with the bank (gameflip is pretty easy to communicate with)
  • Patience - it will take time

So they lifted my ban after 7 business days. Which is good
BUT
I tried to leave a feedback on the process (that suspending is not a good solution, download code/ seller validation shouldn’t be on users) and the employee was basically arguing with me. I ended up saying that this wouldn’t have happened if there was a feature to gift a game through the eShop (that’s what my friend initially wanted to do). She told me that she will write that feedback down (I doubt it).

Still will love Nintendo for the games and console
but that is some crappy process.

I had a Nintendo call me after I had submitted documents. They called to ask for additional documents today after sending them information a week ago. Sent them the documents and called them back just now and there was a 30 minute wait time.

My Nintendo account was banned on May 8th, over two weeks ago. I provided the info Nintendo requested immediately after calling them on the 8th, and heard nothing. I checked in twice via calling their support line since then, and the second time I called the supervisor told me I would hear back by the end of last week.

I called a third time today to let them know that it had been longer than I was told and I had still received nothing from Nintendo. the supervisor agreed that the request should have been resolved by now. She told me that they would try to resolve it within 24 hours. When I asked if I should call back if I don’t hear back in 24 hours, she told me not to do that because the request would get reset in their queue.

I’m assuming that was the reason I had not been unbanned yet. Apparently calling in and following up on the ticket will reset your place in line. So, hopefully my account will be reinstated today, but it’s best not to call so you don’t prolong the process.

Well good luck. My account was unbanned and then banned again all games were removed so not sure what happened this time.

Follow up I called Nintendo and they told me that my account was charged back again for a game they had already removed and I had purchased legitimately with eshop credit and coins. The game was luigis mansion and even Nintendo thought it was weird that the account was suspended again. They said they will check back and see when the suspension will be lifted. Hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else the game in was lugi’s mansion 3 that was bought back when nintendshop caused the first wave of suspension

Got a second ban after another charge-back for games associated with nintendoshop. Hopefully gameflip can promptly issue refund again. Hoping nintendo won’t perma-ban me. I already had Nintendo note in my account previously that I had additional games from the same seller that might be at risk for a charge-back.

Got banned because of M1LO-Store as well. How’s the process when you call Nintendo? I’m in no hurry and would prefer to do it all through email to avoid having to talk to someone.

You can’t avoid calling someone they will ask you to call in no matter what call times vary from 10-30 minutes and will take a few weeks to get lifted

Alright thanks. Guess I’m a little nervous about how the conversation will play out. I just say my account got banned, they tell me why, I say “I bought that game online is there a way I can get unbanned?”, and they give me the option to submit documentation?

I will say if you are able to chat with someone first they will tell you that they are unable to help you they will provide you a 12 digit number and then you will also be given a new phone number or a different phone number where you will be asked for the 12 digit code. In my experience once I had that number I’ve talked to a “supervisor” and usually they knew everything and just had me confirm a few things.

I know calling can be scary but you’re just talking to a person at the end of the day. Just be courteous and polite don’t go H.A.M no need to tell them some sob story or get emotions involved as they don’t care. They are trying to help you to the best of their abilities with the tools that they are given.

For those that have given feedback I’m sure they appreciate it but at the end of the day depending on how the company is structured your feedback will not be heard not because they don’t want to help you but because they have no power they do not create policies and have no power to change things because the people that die create those policies have no clue how their weird policies are impacting the front line or cs rep because they are their to protect the company and not the customer. Sorry for my rant but it upsets me when people some people behave or have no consideration for the person that is trying to help them.

I just received a call from Nintendo about my suspension that was put on yesterday. They called my to tell me that they were not sure what happened and why two games Pokemon and luigis mansion were charged back and removed. I then purchased the games again with eshop credit and coins then the suspension was placed back. After talking to Nintendo they were not sure what happened with those games told me that they would be removed again.

Well after today’s conversation my account has been restored and the two games they were removed and repurchased by me and removed again were given back to me and the suspension was lifted.

I find it strange that those two games caused my account to be banned after repurchasing. I’m glad it was not caused by lexwood or neko games as of right now. However Nintendo didn’t give a reason as to what happens and I was surprised when they told me that they would also give me back my two games. Which I’m glad because I couldn’t find a purchase after my original for those games so that is why I assumed I repurchased them through the correct method. Sorry for my rambling

The conversation was no problem the support agents were really nice, just gotta submit documentation. Thanks!

Never thought of revisiting this topic on the forum. Was busy with moving the last couple of weeks. Decided to turn on my Switch since I have a few days off now only to be confronted with the message that my account had been suspended. I haven’t you used Gameflip since the incident in December and haven’t used any 3rd party sites since then so I knew it must have been due to the game Astral Chain which I had also purchased from Nintendoshop at that time but which had not been charged back at that time.

So I contacted the Nintendo support today and initially she didn’t really tell me anything in detail, she started talking about that it was the second charge back, but once I explained it was from the same seller as the previous one, it clicked and she transferred me to her supervisor and he did see that I mentioned the Astral Chain game purchase in my previous case. Nonetheless I’ll have to go through that whole process again and provide the needed proof to get the account unsuspended.

Is it possible to ask GameFlip for the product code from a refunded order? I’m almost 3 weeks in with my unban dispute with Nintendo and was able to provide refund confirmations but not a code. Nintendo haven’t gotten back to me at all but I called a few days ago and asked for an update but they just confirmed the emails were sent with attachments. I’m assuming a product code would be needed to confirm the situation better.

Under purchases in your gameflip you should be able to see the product key code that you redeemed in nintendo. You can screenshot (not using phone and has to be unaltered) and submit it to Nintendo.

Hello,

You cannot see the product key code from a refunded order.
It will look like this once refunded. ^^

Not sure about that but you can send a ticket to Support to ask about it.

Yea that’s why I asked, just wondered if anyone knew before asking support. But thanks!

Anyone has any success with Nintendo replying back?

I talked to customer service around the 16th of May, they asked for proof of purchase and proof of receipt. I gave them both proof a week later, they said they were going to reply back within 7-10 business days but that it could take longer due to the pandemic… It’s been a month and half already. lol

Granted I should have acted sooner and called again but I heard that calling again puts you back in the queue line (or something like that) so I didn’t want to risk prolonging this, but 1.5 months is a long wait. >_>