"Reputable" seller "steals" reputation

Hello there!

Fist thing - thank you, Gameflip, for at least changing key icon for instant delivery sellers. Nice move in a right direction. I hope it’s not the last move.

Jerm Doo, some nice ideas here. Private messages would be great, but with some restriction. For example, only users with certain feedback and “verified by Gameflip” users can send messages. It would be also nice to somehow mark sellers which have high disputes opened ratio. Same with buyers who too often try to scam with false “key doesn’t work” claims. Regarding those revoked keys these days, maybe it’s not bad idea to extend “Buyer must rate” period from 3 to 5 days.

Now, about “1 day(s) sellers”… I do agree on competition part. I even want MORE competition. That would bring more buyers. I DO NOT agree with competition who are selling something they don’t actually have. What stops me to list Far Cry 5, bunch of Call of Duty titles and high numbers of most wanted titles few times a day, every day, to spam everyone’s sales? Even if I don’t have any of these games? Yeah, it’s not against terms of use, but I started this thread exactly with the idea for Gameflip to change those terms. I still think they should. This way, unlimited number of delayed delivery sales is, from my point of view, just a legit way to spam sales.

Anyway, Jerm Doo, thank you for posting and keeping this thread alive.

And, Gameflip, one more thing - that “Verified by Gameflip” badge needs some restrictions. Few of these scammers have this badge. I think they do not deserve to have it. I even saw some users with zero feedback with this badge, which is pointless, even misleading.

Cheers,
Pedja

1 Like