Seller protection , my own experience and suggestion for gameflip.

After Having successfully resolved an amazon gift card related dispute, recently here on Gameflip i am left with more questions than answers …

Its a well known fact that once in a while there are instances of buyers/ sellers being scammed by unscrupulous sellers/ buyers .
The whole dispute resolution process by Gameflip has been designed very judiciously and in most cases they have adjudicated the disputes in a fair manner, But…

Real Issue arises when companies like AMAZON citing data privacy , tighten the norms on what information can be made available to the client .
In the very recent case , when i had to approach them for details of Gift card redemption , it took me several phone calls, numerous chats to just find out the redemption date let alone Time of gift card redemption . ( Turns out they dont give that anymore to anyone for that matter unless the account which redeemed it authorize it)

Question 1.
The issue here is, if a dishonest gift card buyer decides to redeem it to another account and then claim that gift card was already redeemed ,** what options are left with me as a seller to prove that gift card was genuine , since amazon these days out rightly denies redemption information , specifically the Time of redemption ** Even if i have the original receipts / pics of gift card, i highly doubt the final dispute reward will be in my favor unless in provide them redemption time.

Second question
1.The onus of providing Gift card redemption related information such as time , date is on seller or buyer?
2.Since the FAQ page mentions only 2 things for seller and its implicit that rest of the information is expected from the buyer. Kindly clarify on the same.

Suggestion / recommendation and clarification
Since Amazon is actively holding onto information,
Can me as a seller make a it mandatory condition for the buyer’s through my profile’s Read before you buy section/ gift card description section.( & will it be allowed BY GAMEFLIP)?

EXPLICITLY STATED IN GIFT CARD DESCRIPTION :

ATTENTION BUYERS!!! BEFORE YOU BUY THE CODE, KINDLY START SCREEN RECORDING ( NOT AFTER YOU BUY). THE SCREEN RECORDING SHOULD START RIGHT FROM WHEN YOU START THE BUYING PROCESS ( INCLUDING PAYMENT ) AND END WHEN YOU REDEEM IT TO YOUR ACCOUNT. VIDEO SHOULD BE UNCROPEED WITH DATE AND TIME VISIBLE . BY THIS WE BOTH CAN BE GUARANTEED OF THE GENUINITY OF THE GIFT CARD IN CASE ANY DISPUTE ARISE.
FOR THOSE WHO STILL WISH TO PROCEED OTHERWISE, FEEL FREE TO BUY THE SAME FROM A DIFFERENT SELLER OR ELSE YOU HOLD FULL RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE GIFT CARD FAILS TO REDEEM PROPERLY .
This is the best and strongest proof as a buyer you can hold in case anything goes wrong and we can do a speedy resolution as well without having to escalate the same .

question:

1. Can such condition be made mandatory by a seller to ensure his own protection?
  2. For cards such as amazon , why cant Gameflip make it mandatory as well?
  3. If a buyer still choses to go ahead without recording , and a dispute arises, will above conditions set by seller hold any value during dispute redressal or not?

clarity and more suggestions on the same are welcome

@DarkKnight @MajorTom @DunnBiscuit

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Seller protection , my own experience and suggestion for gameflip.:

Hello! I fully support on all points !!! I bought the Xbox card from the official representative of Gameflip !!! I sold it and the buyer opens a dispute and sends screenshots from the account where it is not visible that the card is activated. But the card could be sold or activated on another account! I asked in a dispute to find out the activation time in order to understand when it happened! The dispute is closed and I lost money! That is, you can buy Xbox cards, sell them and show an account without activations, by registering or buying an account in advance? Is it impossible to prove activation? I’m just shocked! I will leave a negative review to the seller of Gameflip, as it turns out that I bought a non-working card …

The support service cannot help in any way … I’m just shocked. As I understand it, it is impossible to find out the activation time of the card. That is, buy cards of any denomination, sell or use wherever you want … Then take a screenshot from another account and the seller’s money was gone …

I suggest don’t use caps because it is hard to read but I think this is good idea to protect the buyers and the sellers. Maybe you can add another picture and put the information there?

Thanks man! yes i will do the same, i just wanted to know if this would be allowed by gameflip.

@DarkKnight @MajorTom please elaborate on the above query if it would be allowed by gameflip