As a continued effort to reduce abuses and scams across the Gameflip platform, we’d like to announce that this week we will implement a 7-day cooldown for Display Name changes. That means when you change your Display Name (Settings / Display As), you will not be able to change it again for the next 7 days.
I always change my Display Name to show if I’m [ONLINE] or [OFFLINE]. What to do now?
A few months later we have introduced the “Online / Offline” feature in the Gameflip app. To set your status to Online, do the following:
- Download the Gameflip app (iOS or Android) and log into your account
- Tap the menu icon (upper left corner)
- Tap the Online/Offline switch and choose how long you’d like to stay online for
How can I know if a seller is online?
Sellers who have set their status to online following the steps above will get an “Online” tag underneath their profile picture in the listing page, like shown below.
What are the benefits of using the “Online / Offline” feature vs changing the name to “Online”?
- Your listings will get a higher relevance score from the sorting algorithm when you’re online using the feature
- While you’re online, your listings can be easily found by buyers using the Online listing filter
- The app will send you instant push notifications when buyers message you or make a purchase
- You will get faster responses from sellers whose status is Online
- You can filter listings exclusively from online sellers
- With a stricter rule for changing names, sellers who attempt to scam will be more vulnerable
Of course, we are always open to discussion and would like to hear your opinion about this change. Feel free to comment below if you like or dislike this change and why.
Keep on flipping!