Suspicious buyers

There is something Fishy going on here and im really scared … i have around $2000 in my balance …waiting to be withdrawn , i contacted support regarding this and waiting for the answer …

anyways …are you guys okay withdrawing your money ? having any troubles ?

I just removed all my bot transfer items from gameflip.Its really scary.

yea … i think its better to try to stay out of this for a while until we hear something from support or we get to the final results of this :slight_smile:

I sold everything so i cant remove any sale. I sold some 'non-bot" skins and i will send all them after gameflip answer.

1 Like

I agree with not selling untill everything backs to normal and i feel like selling right now would be site abusing. I hope that we will get some info from gameflip soon. I dont believe that they haven’t noticed what is happening.

i think you get trouble or problem if you sell with “crazy” overprice and the “rich man” buy it. just my opinion.
“crazy” overprice is when sugges $80 you sell for 2x($160) or 3x($240) or 4x etc. from that sugges. again, just my opinion.

It doesnt metter if you sell for normal price or overprice. “rich man” will buy anyway. We just wanna answer from gameflp what is going on here

I sold some stuff but now i wanna answer from gameflip. I’m not gonna add any skin.

it doesnt matter if you sell on steam community market. but here we are. if you know about CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) it would be nice when company take the overprice for create event or something. who knows. but again, just my opinion.

You know, skins doesn’t have standard price. Mostly is from actually market price. But is not food or something else.

Accounts like that are created daily and we ban them daily. That’s why we have the feature to hold funds when you sell something and your account is new, otherwise they’d be able to cash out, but they’re not.

1 Like

The buyers don’t pose any threat to any user or Gameflip itself. Feel free to re-list your items.
Many of these purchases cannot be charged back too.

As always, we’ll continue to analyze new buyer accounts to ensure Gameflip is a safe marketplace for all.

Great feature! So many of them come on Gameflip to try to scam and then run. Holding their money and not giving it to them will teach them not to come back.

Speaking of crazy purchases, someone bought my listing for $666. When I asked if they understood what they bought, they said no. I looked into their account and they also sold something random for $99. It looks like theirs a lot of money laundering taking place.

That’s why we’re still looking into some of these accounts.

I think two issues are being mixed up here.

The people mentioned in this post aren’t trying to cash out money. They are buying skins at absurd prices and converting some cash source to skins. $5 a key and 3x steam value for knives. Sellers are worried these people are going to chargeback or something and then we’ll have no skins or money. Some sellers have inventories that took months or years to build that sold in a day. It just seems impossible for there not to be someone that loses lots of money in this situation.

On the other hand sellers who have been around years are trying to cash out this weekend and none have received yet.

However, if a chargeback isn’t possible then I guess the card issuer would be responsible. Either way it’s leaving almost nothing for real buyers.

Hey, @000, please see those two links regarding this whole situation:

Regarding the sales:

Regarding the payouts:

Thank you!

Should we report suspicious accounts Joker? would that help to support team?

remove $1 reward for new users, this can help to no have more fake buyers

Anything you find suspicious, feel free to report and give detailed info on why you think it’s suspicious. To make our support more efficient, please submit only one report per user.