Tips for protecting myself on digital code sales

I have over 700 sales on Gameflip for rocket league in game items and use a pretty fool proof process for protecting myself against scammers but I have a digital code ha I would like to sell and am not sure about the process of protecting myself in that instance. My concerns…

1. If I choose to sell a code as instant delivery then from what i understand the code is delivered as soon as the transaction is paid for but what is to stop the buyer from redeeming it and simply saying that the code didn’t work. It’s not like an in game digital item where I know that they receive an item (because i personally deliver it) and I take video proof of the whole transaction. With a digital code her is a grey area because I am not there to see them redeem it and collect video of the redemption. In that instance what proof would he have to provide in a dispute and how do i protect myself from being scammed?

2. As i understand it there is an option to also sell using the deliver manually within 3 days option. I like this idea better because then i can at least view the buyers feedback before I send and possibly cancel the sale if I am not comfortable with his feedback however my concerns from point 1 still apply here. Any opinions on this method of sale?

Any information on how to protect myself in this case would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, I am also in the process of selling codes for iTunes through instant delivery option. You have raised a valid question and it would be really helpful, if any experience seller can through light on the selling process through the instant delivery option and how we as sellers are protected. Thank you!

I can speak from experience having had more than 10 scammer buyers (new buyers that buy stuff and start opening disputes when the time is about to run out, then buy other stuff and open a dispute when the time is about to run out again).
You as a Gameflip seller have very little protection against scammer buyers. What you can do is keep a receipt or screenshot of the original place where you’ve obtained your key/code. Then when the buyer opens the dispute you send it to the moderation and start praying. But even if you send to the moderation and you’re 100% sure that the code was working and that the buyer is a scammer you might still lose the dispute. It’s basically a RNG settlement, BUT it’s a 100% chance of loss if you don’t keep your receipt/screenshot proof that you’ve obtained the item. So if you provide proof of ownership of the code you were selling then your chances will improve to something around 60-70%*.

*Unless you’re working with codes or keys that the time of activation can be pinpointed (e.g.: Steam support can tell you the exact time that their keys were activated, so it’s an undeniable proof that the key was only activated after you sold it to the scammer buyer - in case you’re selling those).

What does RNG settlement mean?

It means that the decision process seems randomic.

RNG = random number generator.
settlement = act intended to resolve a dispute or conflict.

Hello @ISLaYnEI,

1. In this case, you need the receipt and proof that the code was valid before it was sent to the buyer. That way if a dispute is opened, you are able to protect yourself and the Dispute Team will be able to verify the issue faster for already having the information they need.

2. You can feel free to choose that option as well, if you think a user is suspicious. Also, you can feel free to report the user to us for verification and in case you do not want the user to see your listings anymore, you can use the block function stated in the following link:
    https://gameflip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000952553-How-to-stop-a-user-to-comment-on-my-listings-

Hello @Ticio_Mevio,

Our Gameflip guarantee provides various forms of seller protection. Feel free to check out the following link to understand more and at anytime if you have problems, feel free to contact us through ticket so we can investigate your issue.

https://gameflip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001010933-How-does-Gameflip-protect-sellers-

Also, as informed in the link above, “The receipts issued by a supplier or the store from where the Gift Card(s) came from should be kept for at least 6 months after the Gift Card has been sold here on Gameflip, as it will serve as proof of legitimacy in case there is a future problem with the sold Gift Card.”

God Speed! :trident: