User Panda for switch games

I called yesterday a supervisor said my documents were all good and it’s in the back office hands now

I was to expect a phone call from Nintendo and an email but no eta

Day 9 for me day 12 for my friend I’ve read it could be a month

I’ll update if anything changes
Best of luck

A month wow!!!

Update: My account ban just got removed from my account. That was 7 days to be exact. They sent out a email yesterday saying to give them a call with some code you input before talking to someone.

My friend said Nintendo called and said they were unsuspend, I’ll let them know there should be a code

Thanks!

My friend day 13 was back to normal after receiving a call
I’m day 10 so hopefully a call soon

I’m glad to see that people are getting the banned lifted. I can’t wait to get my account back I hate physical and switching between carts.

So, I spoke with Nintendo again today (day 8) and they informed me that every time you contact them, you’re pulled from the Queue and they have to reset your status. Contacting Nintendo actually makes the process take longer.

They also told me that the 7-10 days begins when your images/information is retrieved. Even if your ticket was open for 3 days before your refunds are processed, you’ll have to wait an additional 7-10 for Nintendo to look at the item.

Additionally, the 7-10 days are “Business Days”
Judging by the way she emphasized that, I’m assuming that means the team that handles payments are not on the same 24/7 schedule as the support number they supply.

Apparently Nintendo employees spend all day jerking each other off and waiting for the timer to run out before actually looking at what you provide them.

Nintendo suspended me today.

Hope this gets resolved asap.
I am so mad.

Can we all agree that any purchase from Panda needs to be refunded? No ifs, ands, or buts.

@DunnBiscuit

Gameflip refunded me quickly and I put
Computer screenshots not phone screenshots
Games purchased with codes
Bank refunded screen

My friend I gave a voucher to sent all screenshots to Nintendo on April 28
In 10 days (8 business days) a call from Nintendo California area code lifted the ban

I sent everything Nintendo on May 2
19 days (14 business days) still awaiting the call from Nintendo

I got a physical copy of animal crossing and my save was still good

Best of luck

How soon did Gameflip reached out to you about the refunds?

Did you submit a ticket ?

Gameflip emailed me same day and
The refund took 3-4 days?

Gameflip staff just helped me out. They processed the refund.
Proceeding with contacting Nintendo.

Update : Nintendo agent has all my documentation. They forwarded it to the staff higher up.
The agent also escalated/put urgency on my incident to speed up the process of lifting the suspension.
Agent said normally it will take 7-10 business days, but hope by doing this will decrease the wait time.

And now it’s a wait game.

OMG I just got the call from Nintendo regarding my suspension. They have released my suspension. Took under 3 days for me. I guess if you are proactive about the situation, then they will speed up the process. I told the Nintendo agent I was speaking to of how many hundreds of hours I invested into Animal Crossing New Horizons, and they put my case on urgent. This paid off. I am happy now.

Congratulations I’m hoping mine gets lifted soon

I had a Nintendo call me after I had submitted documents. They called to ask for additional documents today after sending them information a week ago. Sent them the documents and called them back just now and there was a 30 minute wait time.

all the best to you and hopefully they will move quickly.

@TakaraYuki 3 days! That’s fast service. Then again if you tell them the right thing it could speed up the process for someone else.

@DeAndre_Allen_Sr Yea ~ I told the Nintendo agent I was speaking to of how many hundreds of hours I invested into Animal Crossing New Horizons, and they put my case on urgent. I suppose this paid off. :open_mouth:

That’s crazy! I told them my kid made the purchase :thinking: maybe that’s why mines got lifted so quickly too 7 days for me. Others wait longer. But I truly believe Nintendo is aware of Panda and Gameflip now.