Whats it's about with all the photo sending?

Why do you have to send pictures of everything of your private life… like wth i just wanted to buy something here lol

Gameflip asked me to send them: Drivers License, ID Card from both sides, Phone Bill with my actual number on it and last but not least a photo of myself with “i want to buy this for blabla” with my ID Card next to my face.
Are they serious??

1 Like

It’s like when you buy something in a store with a credit card, and the cashier asks to see your driver license to make sure you own the card and are not committing a fraud. Or when you’re buying alcohol, they want to check that you’re old enough :slight_smile:

They also want to make sure your identity is protected and that there is no identity theft happening. I know it sucks and im glad i never ran into that problem. But its just a safety step they have to take to ensure a safe and secure Buying/ selling experience for everyone.

Yeah but the store clerk doesn’t take a picture of it and keep it that could be sold off to other companies my information should be protected I understand verifying but pictures of phone bills credit cards front and back of driver’s license is a little extreme

Hello @nick_helton!

Please keep in mind that Gameflip does not sell personal information to other companies.

If you have doubts on how we handle the information we request, please read through Gameflip’s Privacy Policy below:

Godspeed! :trident: