Amazon taking back gift cards that were purchased on Gameflip.

Yes thats exactly what I mean, and I think you would need a good and negotiable Amazon support agent too that knows exactly what you are wanting to do. It took some explaining from me for my Amazon support agent to understand the situation and attempt to help me. Luckily I only had two 50$ codes, but for you yeah that could be a pain :sweat_smile:. Just get in touch with Gameflip support and let them know the situation and take adequate screenshots from the amazon support chat to support your claim.

1 Like

As for whether the codes are illegitimate is hard to say. The sellers that sold us these codes might also be getting duped the same way we are. It is a chain process.

When asked “how did you obtain the gift cards”, what should I tell them? That I bought them from someone else?

I told them the truth. They were bought from an unrecognized third party seller (Gameflip). You’ll have to accept the fact that Amazon will not cover this kind of transaction as they only cover their retail seller purchases in this kind of situation (Gamestop, Target, Walmart, etc…). Amazon will tell you that you need to bring a receipt to the retailer in order to get your refund, and as you and I both know we are unable to bring a receipt back to anyone, thus landing us here with Gameflip support.

1 Like

:dizzy_face: Alright I see thanks for all the information!

1 Like

No problem! Just remember to be patient with Gameflip support. The complexity of our situation will make this a very long and drawn out process more than likely.

1 Like

I think the codes those sellers got aren’t legit. Amazon cs told me that the account purchasing those gift cards are closed so the codes are revoked. So, it can be assumed that a large number of gift codes were purchased and the buyer moved on to report unauthorized with the bank after selling the codes. As a result, the seller not only gets the money back but scammed a bunch of buyers here.

Oh right, What I meant to say earlier was that the sellers on here might not be illegitimate, the codes definitely are though.

Hmm so apparently i still had one of my purchases unrated of this seller and so i contacted them telling them the scenario. They replied to me with replacement codes, and so i redeemed them and rated. I check my amazon again today and another $10 is withheld. Now that I don’t have anymore transactions open with them, I can’t contact this seller anymore. This is so crazy x.x how many of these codes are gonna get withheld…

They’re scammers. After the transaction finishes, they need to wait about 3 days to withdraw the money the run away. They also report unauthorized charge with the bank, their Amazon account will be locked with the code. I don’t think admin can do anything to help. The simplest thing they can do but also time consuming is contacting Amazon for each case. However, I doubt that the site can refund money back to buyers.

I purchased a lot of codes from one seller a few days ago, I waited for one hour after claiming the codes to make sure that they were good. However, when I woke up on next day morning, nearly half amount was put on hold. With other sellers, the total amount that I lost on Gameflip is as much as $1000!!!

My code: C59S5X

Order ID:
e7001023-da6f-423a-8d0f-d3e2216d7009
79809dba-fba8-4031-ae02-560650e34c92
ad0b65c3-e350-4274-a443-1b4714e8a5dd
6727c76f-a109-4964-ab40-be457697e317

The total amount of these transactions are $800. I am waiting for the case with another selling $180 code, there has been no replied from admin yet. I am facing one more transaction of $80 with the same seller above and the gift card was used after I place the order. I’m not sure if admin can tell who used the money. I just don’t want to shop on this site anymore.

Transaction ID: e094a95c-1fe4-4bfb-8a7b-bc4b67ed2f11

I totally lost my trust on the site and feel like this is not a safe place for buyers at all!

Lmao i just got blocked by the seller after trying to get in touch with them through one of their listings.

Of course, that happens to all sellers. They just move on and scam other people. YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING!

Hello, Today I was checking my amazon account and noticed that this also happened to me, I bought a Gift Card from a Gamflip Seller and now amazon if withhelding my funds

Submit a ticket to support
Send all evidence you have (screenshots, email messages, etc etc)

Click here to submit a new ticket

1 Like

Do you mind posting the link of said seller?

1 Like

You’re going to have to go to Amazon live chat and tell them blank card on my account was witheld and you’re confused why and if they say the code was used by a stole credit card or the code was removed for whatever reason you can email gameflip (all the screenshot of the chat) that, there a high chances you will get a refund.

Lucy :heart:

1 Like

Please, open a ticket as @Wayz_Shop said, and then PM me wih the ticket number so I can personally check this further.

Thank you.

Here’s the profile of the seller, I’ve contacted Amazon and they told me that I was going to receive an email, still no response as soon as I get it I will open a Ticket, thanks for the information!

That shop lyskayshop also had a buyer comment on a listing saying they purchased a gift card from him that was later reported stolen by the manufacturer