Dispute. How long does it take to decide...

Hi there. I made a dispute 6 days ago, and is wondering why there is no response at all! The issue is quite clear as the keys sent to me are not active/not existing, and my proof is also very clear.

So how long does it take, I would really like to have the $100 back on my account, so I can buy something else.

I have been with GF for a few years now, and never had any issues before, but the waiting for no response at all is killing me.

Please look at my case ASAP. My inv. code is: MZ97AM

Thank you.

Br.

Christian

In next reply please leave transaction ID. Someone of moderators will take a look into your dispute.

@DarkKnight

Hello again,

I can find an Order ID: 43829278-5a30-4092-a908-fe5eba9de6b9

I hope it is what you need.

Thanks.

Br.

Christian

I will try to bring this to life once more.

I have a dispute open against a seller, who sold me 3 x $50 XBOX USD, but the codes are not active. This means that the physical cards were not registred in the shop, aka probably stolen!

The dispute has now been open for a week, and I am getting a bit annoyed that my otherwise good experience with Gameflip is being turned into a negative experience.

There has been absolutely no response from Gameflip, and also no response from the seller (that was expected) will you please bring this case to a close, so I can get on with my Gameflip life, and get the bad experience behind us?

My Account ID: MZ97AM
My Order ID: 43829278-5a30-4092-a908-fe5eba9de6b9

Please @DarkKnight or?

Br.

Christian

Hello Christian_Tyllesen,

After checking your evidence on this, and due to the lack of communication from the seller’s side, I went ahead and canceled this transaction for you.

Hello MajorTom,

A thousand thanks. It is really appreciated :slight_smile:

Now I am all happy again.

Br.

Christian

1 Like

Im at 9 days for my dispute now which ive never had a problem with probably hundreds of purchases and things seem to be getting worse for me since. Now two purchases in a row and im getting hold/pending. Can a moderator help me please

XDBNXY
Thank you for your time.

I think they are really backed up right now for whatever reason. I’ve had a fairly obvious case pending for about 9 days now as well. Usually they look into it before the timer even expires to close/solve them.

Just an update they got to the ticket today so hopefully they get to yours soon too!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.