Gameflip Club Issue/Subscriptions Very Buggy

My Gameflip Club subscription auto renewed 13 hours ago and still holds the amount used from the previous month ($49.94) and is not giving a discount on items sold. Before this you guys sold me a Platinum subscription then removed the plan less than a week later with no refund. Despite getting no discount it kept showing 4.5% whenever I tried to post making that a challenge. In the past 3 months I’ve definitely lost more with the subscriptions than I’ve made back and they’ve been a huge mess.

Sorry if I seem a bit critical. For the majority of my time here the subscriptions have been a great benefit so it’s just a bit disappointing to have so much trouble with them recently. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a way to easily close tickets, but I don’t want to go off topic.

Can you give a screenshot of the problem? Is it the same place as this Still showing 4.5% (From Platinum), but charging 10% ?

It wasn’t the same issue, but it’s been resolved. Maybe it’s coincidence, but many of the errors seemed to appear or be resolved when changes to the Subscription page were made. It’s had several different forms over the past few weeks. Thanks for the replies though.