Gameflip Guarantee terms vague and not mentioning important aspects. Doorway wide-open to scammers.

Hello,

Me and some sellers (seen some forum posts here) had some problems with messages received from Gameflip disputes team regarding “revoked” claim codes MONTHS after transactions on Gameflip ended. The support team asked for receipts and details about gift cards sold months back because some buyers opened claims claiming some of their balance was revoked after months, or that their account died on them or whatnot.

Obviously, i had no receipts or records for gift cards traded months ago so support took the money from my balance and gave it to those people. So everthing came out of my own pocket. Months after transactions ended.

The fact that buyers are entitled for claims months after a deal is done is not written anywhere in your terms of service or Gameflip Guarantee TOS. Also that your support team actually researches this months after deals are done. My point is, they should not. This is a wide-open door for scam attempts MOST vendors on your platform don’t keep records that long.

No buyer claims should be entertained after a 3 days Guarantee period is over feedback posted and transaction done. Not to mention after months.

Or mention in your terms a clear guarantee period of time after which any claims are not your customer support team’s responsibility.

My point is Gameflip support can just take money out of our balance and will take money out of our balance based on a few screenshots and couple emails months after a transaction was made, most gift card vendors will have no recourse for that because they don’t have logs or receipts from months back.

This is not written clearly anywhere on the platform. A period after which customer support should have no involement in cases should be clearly specified on the Platform. This way vendors would have known they should have to keep all records for that said length of time!

2 Likes

i agree with you! Seller is not protected here!

2 Likes

I agree with your too, more protection is needed on Gameflip for sellers to stay and not discouraged by the amount of scammers.

Some claims that scammers have won also made me think that Gameflip is bias towards buyers rather than keep their sellers, their profit plan, safe.

I gift code ending in BDAH had an issue, can you help me with that card of yours?

Hello @riotgiftcards,

I understand your point, but if your a seller of a gift card that does not have any expiry date once it is redeemed, then why shouldn’t you maintain the receipts or records for it in a longer period of time? What if there is a problem with the Gift Card after some time? As a gift card seller, the receipts should be maintained archived for future needs. This way you are guaranteeing your product and it helps you avoid future problems.

As said in another topic here, the Support Team always verifies the cases first and then contacts the sellers to verify what happened and work to resolve the issue with the seller on the ticket.

Cases always varies and depending on what the buyer brings us through ticket, the seller is not even contacted. Since they were not able to prove that there were problems with the gift card.

Also, I do not follow your idea, since a seller that has bad intentions could simply end up revoking a users code on purpose and then the buyer has a blocked gift card after 3 days and we will not be able to help further.

So if you maintain records and receipts of the products you sell for a longer period of time, you could avoid future problems that might appear.

God Speed! :trident:

Hello @haseeb_ahmed,

Do you have the order ID so I can further verify for you?

Also, have you opened a ticket to the Support Team?

My point is this was unclear in the TOS that we should have kept receipts for months. Please raise the question to support and ask them to specify a set period of time. After months not even amazon keeps records and if claims pour in we are open for buyer fraud attempts.

1 Like

Hello @riotgiftcards,

I will pass this information along to the Team and se what can be done.

I have opened a ticket and its on going, my order ID is 5315ba80-9b52-4257-9b5e-b3229d427874.

Hello @haseeb_ahmed,

I can see that the Support Team is already handling your issue.

They will respond as soon as possible ok.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @haseeb_ahmed,

Not a problem and hope you have an awesome day!