I got scammed?! Is this site a scam?!

So I sold a PS3 controller with a psvita Memory Card to Modern Retro (featured Store that sells Illegal pokemons) and it was delivered by July 2. Everything went fine until he barely messaged me. After he finally did message me he told me the transaction was under review when he was about to rate. He told me he contacted support and everything. Nothing happened after that. I kept messaging him but got no answer. Last time he talked to me was I think July 3rd or something. I contacted support and they told me USPS was making an investigation because he did not get the item even though the tracking number clearly says it got delivered. I contacted support after that to tell them what I thought about the situation and asked when would I recieve the money and stuff but no response from them like 5 days later. I contacted them again but still no response. So here I am without the money, listing says the process is on hold because the buyer asked for it ( still on hold after 9 days ) and no response from support. Is this site a scam? Because it sure looks like it to me.I don’t know if he got the package but he told me he was gonna check the mail the day the tracking number said it got delivered perfectly but then a little bit after, the listing was “On Hold”. He never told he was going to contact support or he did not recieve the package. The most common thing to do is talk to the seller right? Well I learned that he “did not recieve” the package through support. That seems a little fishy since he did not tell me anything about it. Plus he ignores me ALL of the time. He only sent me 3 messages and i sent him 10+ messages in the lapse of approximately 13 days. He ignored me when he was clearly on the app putting up listings and responding to comments. That makes it look even more fishy. If I don’t get my money i’m qutting this site for real. This site had soo much potential…

1 Like

So you are saying the buyer did get their package right? Well all I can say is keep following up with supper an the USPS about it…it’s not impossible that it could be a scam but it could also be that the buyer is having money issues with their card or the bank. Wish I could help you dude, and I hope this doesn’t put you off for the sight itself, it’s hard to sell some times because things line this happen.

I don’t know if he got the package but he told me he was gonna check the mail the day the tracking number said it got delivered perfectly but then a little bit after, the listing was “On Hold”. He never told he was going to contact support or he did not recieve the package. The most common thing to do is talk to the seller right? Well I learned that he “did not recieve” the package through support. That seems a little fishy since he did not tell me anything about it. Plus he ignores me ALL of the time. He only sent me 3 messages and i sent him 10+ messages in the lapse of approximately 13 days. He ignored me when he was clearly on the app putting up listings and responding to comments. That makes it look even more fishy. If I don’t get my money i’m qutting this site for real. This site had soo much potential…

I apologize for the inconvenience and your experience with this user, but it may take some time especially if we have to investigate it with USPS to get more information on the situation. Please note that just because the investigation is still underway doesn’t mean that you will not get paid for what you sent.

2 Likes

@chaquichan23 Don’t worry, keep to the system and they will help you get the money you owe. Again, something may have happened that you don’t know about. He could be ignoring you, but he may also be having issues with his phone. Relax, USPS will get back to you and him and Gameflip when they have finished trying to figure out what’s going on. And choosing to quit is a sad thing but understandable, but remember that Gameflip doesn’t have control over the people who won’t pick up their package or the USPS losing the item. That’s why I personally make it so that all my sellers have to pay for the shipping, I can’t have that on my head ya know?

Anyway, just take it easy for now. What will be will be and you’ll get an answer soon. This is how buying and selling online works, this could have happened anywhere too.

1 Like

Thanks Bur for answering. I hope it takes less than a month :confused:

1 Like

Man, you really help. You should become a community manager like BurTheFly!

1 Like

@chaquichan23 Heh, thanks dude. For now I’m happy just being a costumer/seller here and a face in the forums. If that opportunity comes up, I may take it :wink:

But until then, if you ever want to vent some more, feel free to do so here. Odds are I’ll read it and respond again. I wasn’t so active this year as I was last year thanks to school, but I’m out and graduated now so I’ll be around :slight_smile:

1 Like

me and you @Raxynus are the same lol. Faces on the forum and Wanting to maybe be Mods/ Community Managers. Well i do i dont know about anyone else lol. I feel like ive answered more post than almost anyone besides the managers and maybe tied with you.

1 Like

That’s all apart of being human :3

What happened to this? That user hasn’t bought anything from me before, but I would probably cancel if it he did. I inherently don’t trust users that sell hacked goods. I’ve posted a few times about how he hacks Pokemon, and I don’t think it’s right that he doesn’t tell people (or even tells them they’re legit in some cases). Also reported him, detailed the hacking procedure, and linked the hacking software, yet he still makes hundreds off these illegal Pokemon. It’s not good for site reputation that the biggest seller’s majority of sales is in hacked and illegal software.

Hello @LightRebellion, please, if you have any proof that any software/game/item is hacked or counterfeit, please, contact Gameflip Support as soon as you can so we can investigate it better.

We really appreciate your help.

its pretty obvious that its counterfeit if you know about pokemn

Hello @LightRebellion,

Do you have the request number that you sent us?

About the investigation:
Due to many evidences the support team receives, the investigation takes longer than the usual to be completed.

About selling:
You can sell pokémons, pokémons accessories and so on within the marketplace.

If you have any other question, feel free to contact us whenever you want.
Regards,

Well, Modern Retro posted in another topic that he’s able to view support tickets and help out with investigations. Looks like the person in question works for you, so it’s useless to report his items or even list items on my own since he’ll likely delete them to remove competition. Good luck with the site.

Hello @LightRebellion,

He isn’t able to review support tickets, and he doesn’t work for Gameflip. He is a featured seller within the marketplace and he helps Gameflip maintain a anti-scam and peacefull marketplace as a good member of the community.

As you can see within the forums he is always trying to help others.

I hope this answers any questions you had.

Regards.

1 Like

@lightrebellion I look forward to your response on July 10th, 2044 5:03pm. Ok?:joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure about the rest. The sketchy generated Pokemon that are a blight on the 3DS section should still be looked into. I agree it’s sketchy and stops anyone else from selling any legit pokemon. You can Google how to generate them for free.