Ingame Item spam in Steam game category

Gameflip, please make “In-Game items / Other” section where guys can list PUBG items and make verify process mandatory for those listings (or something similar to reputation for selling gift cards). Sellers can’t sell Steam games anymore with all those spamming, buyers can’t find new listed games.

2 Likes

Rocket League and Fortnite items showing up on https://gameflip.com/browse/games/steam seems to be a glitch. If you refresh that page those items should be gone.

As for the PUBG/PGI listings, those are mostly spammers/scammers that the moderators are trying to eradicate. It was not like that last week, until the “PGI Skins” were announced.

All they have to do is add PUBG to the ingame item list, then the scammers and potentially honest sellers have a place to go and hopefully leave the game section alone. Or add a filter for every offer that includes the word “PUBG”, “PGI” or “Crate”, so that they have to get allowed and published by a mod first. It really is destroying the site

1 Like

still relevant, sadly

Are you gonna do something about it, Gameflip? It’s a complete mess.

There’s the new site-wide requirements for selling to curb the spammers/scammers. Even if a PUBG category is added, it’s more likely that the abusive sellers will post in both the new PUBG category and the Steam games category to maximize exposure, rather than move to the correct category. But if there is a proper category to post in then the admins will be justified to warn/suspend those who post it in the “wrong” category (Steam games).

1 Like

Thats what I mean, I can’t even report them yet because they dont have a correct category to go to, sigh

My sells dramatically decreased since these spammers, all people that I show them gameflip to buy Steam games complained thats here not have more Steam games, are only pubg items.
This is horrible because left out buyers of steam games

2 Likes

Hello, we are already taking care of this, we will come up with a solution soon enough.

Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s all we needed to know. Thanks!

Perfect, thanks!

Guys, I see there is “In-Game Items - PUBG” section available again. I’m leaving informative comments for users still posting in Games section. You can do this, too. Let’s not report any of them first few days.

EDIT: Thanks for bringing it back, Gameflip.

I left about 30 comments today. Few sellers decided to go by rules and are now posting PUBG items in correct category, but there are many who intentionally ignore my suggestion, some of them even replied that posting in Games category means selling things faster.

1 Like

Thanks for your effords. Please report all ignorant users to the mod, if you can.

It is staggering how many pages are full of in-game items for PUBG and Fortnite Items/Accounts. I hadn’t realised the scale of the issue.

This has been a pretty grim 3 weeks for Steam Game sellers :frowning:

Report them and list their profile links here so the mods can take action.

First 3/4 pages gives us:
1 - Breaching TOS - Beta Codes
2 - PUBG PGI Title Sets
3 - PUBG TITLE WRAPS
4 - PUBG PGI TOPS
5 - PUBG AVIATOR KEY
6 - PUBG SPA SET
7 - PUBG RINGSIDE SET
8 - COD BETA KEY
9 - PGI RINGSIDE SET

All of these sellers are spamming the Game Pages with droves of in-game items and Beta Codes.

3 Likes

I wont report them 1-2 more days. They used to post in Games, but every hour brings more items posted in regular section. Everyone will move there eventually, I hope.

yeah, this one has to be one of the worst currently. Had to give up on page skipping before finding games

Yeah, I wrote to him few times.

1 Like