New Relevance Sorting Algorithm

It works fine for me now

1 Like

For those of you saying this algorithm works, explain how this is the most relevant listing emy lower price and 3000 more good ratings🤔

Page structure is NOT nice. If you do your homework, you can easily find much better sites than gameflip. I do not know why you like to sugarcoat your words, but what you just said is false.

Too bad it doesn’t show the actual highest rated people :frowning:

It looks like it show now again “most recent” ?

You guys know that if you click “Recommended” multiple times it will show you 4 different pages right? Maybe you guys are in one of them.

So just click recommended until you see in which page you are and hope that your page shows up for the buyer. Now who cant use API gets a chance and not just those who were spamming like crazy. And now there are 4 different pages which means that everybody has a chance. Im almost sure that there are different aspects taken into account in each one of the 4 pages.

1 Like

I noticed that too.

For sure is random. I see always same skins, if i click 4 times i see different but after i click 4 times again i gonna see that one i saw before… and again and again.

Higher scored isnt working at all showing bad prices and people with low score.

This website is soo bugged now, even my draft show randomy everything.

1 Like

i checked every site similar to gameflip one by one. im in this trade work for years and yet gameflip is the best platform ever. if there were any other best, you wouldnt be here either.
its much easier to have listings here comparing to other sites.

I don’t know why everyone is complaining about losing sales. If you have thousands+ positive ratings, your customer service should be amazing & you should have amassed a big clientele that always just goes to you for repeat buys. Gameflip is by far one of the top selling platforms & ya’ll can’t say anything less. Yes, they hiccup & mess up sometimes but this is one of the cleanest & smoothest to navigate marketplaces out there. Like I’ve read multiple times, if Gameflip is so bad, ya’ll wouldn’t stay & be asking for change. You’d just up & leave w/o looking back if it was so terrible

1 Like

I won’t lie, Gameflip has its own pros, but it has its own flaws as well.

Calling it the “best platform” is just sugarcoating it, generic sites like G2* or K**guin easily generates much more traffic than Gameflip.

Comparing the work needed to be done, K**guin is much more efficient. But what i’m trying to say here, if you research on an even more specific market, that can only be found if you are a local of that area, would easily multiply your sales.

Gameflip on another hand, has constantly bend sellers over hard, especially the past few weeks. Their inconsistent and poor decision making proves my point. I like gameflip, it will always serve as the starting point on my end, but at the rate that it is going, it doesn’t look so good.

My sales don’t lie, i am willing to show you my sales over the past 2 days on other sites that i’m working on. Games that remained stagnant for months on gameflip were easily sold in a matter of days on other sites. If that doesn’t prove my point, i have nothing else to add.

2 Likes

this is unfair because i use a PC to process orders and not a smartphone , so I do not have the ability to set myself to online status giving other sellers a clear advantage. I am not getting a smartphone just to improve my gameflip visibility…the online feature being in the algorithm should be removed…my sales went from hero to zero…was wondering why till i saw this…i have to honestly ask if you guys are intentionally sabotaging the site…first its paypal api issues that lasted a week with no payouts and now this new algorithm that is seriously underrepresenting your best sellers…i sell in game items nothing high volume like some guys on here but from where im sitting you guys are going the ebay route and just trying to run off your small sellers that helped build your business

1 Like

I can’t agree more, i’m an in-game seller too, i went from doing.my usual 4-5 daily sales to 0, it’s two days now without selling nothing, since i can’t have a chance against the top sellers and like you’ve said eBay right now is what i’m using too, i’m gonna wait a bit and watch if they reverte the change they’ve made, if they don’t i’m just gonna leave the site.

Install Android emulator on PC such as Bluestack or Memu, download the gameflip app and set the online status on it.

Being online doesn’t help the new sort showing on the main page the old sold out codes from weeks and even months ago just because it’s belong to sellers have high scores and whenever i put new lists it’s come after them in the second page or the next and not all the buyers know the on sale option, so now when the buyers can’t see on the main page codes for sale they will just leave.

Hey everyone,

Firstly, I’d like to thank you all for sharing details of your experiences with Gameflip as well as your opinions and point of view.

We understand some decisions we take are not well received by everyone, but one thing is certain, we always focus on improving our product with the end goal of making it more accessible, useful, and fair.

Given what I said above, we heard many of your opinions and also discussed internally the impacts of the changes we did to the “Relevance” sorting algorithm last week. We concluded that such change had to be tweaked, so today we released a new version of the algorithm on Gameflip.com and for now, reversed it on mobile apps to how it used to work.

Now, Gameflip.com “Relevance” algorithm has a different scoring system and will display more results from different sellers on all search pages. Mobile apps will soon follow, but for now the listing creation date remains the main factor for relevance sorting there.

We’ll continue to keep an eye on trends like these and thanks again for keeping the discussions alive on our forums!

~Cheers!

4 Likes

Thank you for changing it back on Mobile App :grin:

1 Like

Selling is now 100% less, i have been selling fortnite items , i have around 200+ seller rating but i can’t sell anymore
this is too bad

Lets see how this changes

same here :frowning: