Relevance Search

I know having googled them that there have been previous posts about scamming, sourcing keys from G2A/Kinguin/CDKeys and most recently around the spamming for these sellers but truthfully nothing meaningful has ever happened to curb this negative behavior.

However, I do believe Gameflip is eager to evolve the Platform and have it seen as a clean/legitimate place to buy digital/physical gaming goods and the evidence can be seen in the constant work around scamming and the efforts, although failed so far, around addressing the search results.

I should reserve special mention for Orange .B also. I could post numerous forum threads and steam forum mentions reference all of these listing spammers/stuffers/1-day sellers and the damage that this selling method has on Gameflip. It could easily be resolved by only allowing instant delivery on Steam Game section. These guys would have alot more poor ratings only the system that they are abusing allows them or the buyer to cancel any trades where they cannot source the keys at the right price without any damage to their reputation. In my case I bought a copy of a game called Bastion off GameChangers early in my Gameflip journey and was sent 3 keys that didn’t work before having to cancel the trade. This took alot of work with disputes, capturing and posting images to support with several days wasted and still no game to show for it. I am sure if you replicate this experience thousands of times then there are so many customers lost on the platform that would never go back. Worst of all these are the big front of house sellers drowning out the people who actually have the items that they are selling.

Here are the 3 seconds worth of googling around Orange .B for example (just in case people think I’m dropping names without having anything to support it) - Thread 1 Thread 2 Thread 3 Thread 4 Thread 4 Thread 5 Thread 6 Thread 7 Thread 8 and there were a couple of other links that wouldn’t resolve anymore but you get the gist. Numerous people complaining, quite rightly stating that being sent used codes is scamming (Once or twice can be an accident but repeatedly is a trend) but the big spammers with Online in their names are still trading and whether intentionally or not they come across as scammers as they keep sending people used codes.

1 Like