What should i do in these situations

I was supposed to deliver in 24 hour and I couldn’t for whatever reason and i delivered after the selected time does the buyer have the ability to cancel the order?
@MaijorTom @DunnBiscuit @DarkKnight

1 Like

no they don’t

Hey, what was the promised delivery time? If it was a day and you did not give after a day, then yes.
Buyers can cancel order after delivery time is up. For example, I list an item and the ‘Seller sends in’ is in 2 days. If I do not give the item in 2 days, then buyer can cancel order. If I did not reply within a day, the buyer still cannot cancel yet. Only sellers can cancel within the delivery time promised. After that, if goods/services not delivered, both buyer OR seller can cancel.

Capture
Also reference in case you need - https://gameflip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205357528-Can-I-cancel-my-order-

In your case, in my opinion, I would advise discussing with the buyer whether he wants the key/code or not. If he still does, you can still give and he can complete transaction. If not, either u or him can cancel transaction as promised deadline is up.

Regards,
Sparkling.

But it’s not recommended to do so right bcs he may take the code and then cancel the transaction?(after the delivery time has passed)

1 Like

Then it would just waste your time yeah, cause u would have to send a ticket to support if he tries to scam.

I did it a couple of times and the buyers didn’t cancel transaction despite delivery time passed when I gave the item. Usually people wouldn’t try to scam but if they have low ratings , new to Gameflip or have bad ratings etc then yes, recommend you to cancel and tell him to buy again when your online.

The recommended solution would be to just cancel to avoid any chance of getting Scammed. Tell buyer to buy again or buy when your available. (If delivery time has passed like you wrote) or just put delivery time as 3 days.
POSTS BELOW Please do NOT Repeat what I wrote. Thank You.

Regards,
Sparkling.

1 Like

It’s risky. You have to click the item was sent a milli-second after making the exchange otherwise the person can cancel the transaction before you hit that the code/item was sent even though they got it.

I feel it’s best practice to set the delivery to 3 days to avoid this problem.