As a seller, I need clarification on what is counted for as "spamming" on Gameflip

Hey, Tee-Toh!

For a listing bump, a period of 24 hours is needed, so that it does not count as spam and also gives everyone a chance to sell their products fairly.

We are handing out warnings to everyone that is relisting under 24h, so we can have a clean and fair marketplace with the comprehension of everyone.

Have a wonderful day!

:trident: New forum moderators!

Thank you & I do appreciate the fast response though! :slight_smile:

I’m still confused & would like it if you could please address/explain this statement I made? You guys give contradicting advice to sellers. Or is re-listing different from re-posting aka bumping?

Well, actually no. The advice we give is correct.

If you read it again and see the word “item”, it clearly means one item, as it is not in the plural form. Various items would be “items”.

So you are allowed to relist that one specific item. Various items are not allowed under a 24h time frame.

1 Like

It’s just hard to understand due to the wording but I won’t argue when you’ve answered the main issue. So 24 hour bumps it is. Thank you again.
One last question … If I have multiple of the same items, for example, 11 intrudiums (as seen in my inventory in my screenshot) can I list that same item 11 times in a 24 hour time period without it counting as “spamming”?

You can relist one of them in less than 24h.

If you would like to relist all of them, wait the 24h time frame just to be safe.

God speed!

1 Like

Could you help us about that topic ? @DarkKnight

Sure :wink: No problem!

1 Like

You guys will lose big sellers due to this. So might want to make a change hopefully. Just being honest!

No, they won’t “lose big sellers”. :wink:

They will :wink:

Well, we will lose sellers and buyers, because of spamming.

So if every seller uses their common sense and relists their products every 24h, we will have a cleaner market place and a better user experience for everyone.

I think it would be better if 2 bumps at least allowed during the 24 hours … that would be good enough… but 1 bump each 24 hours is kinda not cool at all for such a marketplace… there’s too many sellers nowdays… 1 bump each 24 hours will cause sellers to start price undercutting with each others , and it’s happening already

You will not lose buyers due to that. & yes sellers but the ones not selling anything. If you limit to 1 listing per 24/hr then there is no point in using gameflip as a big seller due to other sources.

Ty for the help in clarifying! I understand the control of limiting to restrict spamming, but need to find a better way. No sense in getting suspended because someone is salty about not selling. That’s business…

Well, we receive reports everyday of buyers and sellers complaining of spammers, so yes, we will lose buyers if this continues.

Also, there are sellers relisting their products every 30 min and that is not allowed. All we are asking is to relist products every 24h. So when a listing passes 24h, it is allowed to relist. Under a period of 24h, only one listing is allowed. Please be aware to the plural form of the words. You guys are getting confused for not paying attention.

I completly understand ! the spam every few minutes or few hours is totally unfair to the buyer or the seller and that harm the marketplace of course!!! but 1 Bump during the period of 24 hours is also unfair to sellers! all we asking is at least 2-3 bumps during 24 hours period and that’s it! that would be extremly helpfull and satasfiy the sellers… maybe u can consider my appeal! thanks

1 Like

i kinda disagree on this w/ kakarotto. @kakarotto01 yeah, posting 1 time every 24hs is kinda hard to sell, but lets say that all of us are allowed to post 2-3 times per day, then (for example) imagine Fresh… that guy per 1 bump per 24hs posts like 500 items. So imagine seeing 500 items x3 times per day ONLY from that guy is a loooooooot of spamm already. Plus the other big sellers would be the same spamm as now…no sense to allow posting x3 times. You need to see all in a big picture

1 Like

You will not lose buyers as the reason people come to gameflip is because it’s cheap. That gives you guys your advantage. Also you guys have a nice safety policy. If someone can get something $10-$5 cheaper on here than other sites than they will come here.

But if sellers are losing business due to not being the “most recent” than there is no since in using gameflip as a seller. We could just use other sites including paypal…
I’ve used gameflip for about 2 years everyone spams all over different sites, being suspended, or banned because of that will force sellers away. Just keep out opinions in mind plz & ty!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.